Main Menu

Another Would You?

Started by guesswho, February 20, 2011, 02:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgs

Pass the Tradition Along

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Crutch on February 20, 2011, 02:10:37 PM
On a non resident hunt lasting only a weekend, absolutly. At home in Tn where the season is 6 weeks long, not a chance. It isn't legal here but if it were, there is no way I would end, or cut my time in the woods that short. Can you imagine only getting to hunt a couple times during spring turkey season.  That would be a disaster of epic proportion. (spelling?).

:icon_thumright:

bowhunter32

Basser69

4nolz2

yep then I'd hunt florida and sc  :z-guntootsmiley:

but I dont think shooting more than 1 per day should be allowed-alot of offhand running shots at second birds probably dont end up well.

chatterbox

I would probably be so rattled, I would shoot over all 3.
So I guess it's a moot point! :toothy12:

turkeybow

sure would!  without even thinking twice!!  :you_rock:  if I had done it before then I would think about it twice and it would all boil down to how much time I had to hunt.  If I just had a few days to hunt the state then I probably would again but if I lived there and hunted there year round then probably not.
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

camp man

I wouldn't. I would wait until they seperated a little and try to kill the one with the biggest beard. I would want to save my other two tags for later. I would hate to end it all on the first day.

guesswho

I'm a little surprised at how many have said yes.  Nothing wrong with it, I'm just surprised.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gamblinman

Did just that several years ago in Texas. Killed 3 at one time. With my Eastern from an earlier hunt, had my 4 bird limit.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

guesswho

Quote from: Gamblinman on February 20, 2011, 08:08:31 PM
Did just that several years ago in Texas. Killed 3 at one time. With my Eastern from an earlier hunt, had my 4 bird limit.

Gman
Would you do it again?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TURKEYWHACKER

Add another surprise. I'm an out of stater, odds are on a 2-3 day hunt, and more than likely on the only trip I'll be makin' to Georgia. I'm gonna dump em all if I can, no question. Here in Florida we are allowed 1 a day and a total of 2. I have limited out on several occasions on opening weekend while huntin' public land and enjoyed the next 5 weekends callin' for friends and family. :you_rock:

njdevilsb

I don't think I would.  I'd like to have the chance to have more days of hunting.  The more hunts I get in during a season, the better.  If it was the last couple of days of the season, that might be a different story.

wareagle99

na...really dont want to end my season with one outing....

savduck

Quote from: guesswho on February 20, 2011, 02:05:33 PM
In Georgia you get three tags.  It's also legal to kill all three in the same day or even the same shot. 

Your out opening morning and the birds are hammering.  Three long beards race to your calling, each trying to get there first.  Their at 30 yards now looking for the hen.  All three heads are ligned up.  Now since your turkey hunting as some of you replied in the other would you thread, would you pull the trigger and kill all three?

I live here and yes I would. There are plenty of other people and kids to take hunting if I tag out.
Georgia Boy