OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Would You?

Started by guesswho, February 20, 2011, 02:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

I don't think so, but really haven't had that opportunity to address it. If I get the chance to drop 2 in Kansas, and being on a team, I'd lean yes. This opens up the opportunity to get to Nebraska, and hunt with my grandson. Being on a team really makes you a lot more aggressive.

TANK

BOOM! As long as they wasn't jakes..........

neal

YES!!! I have a lot of people to call for and short on time to hunt for myself rock their world!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Hognutz

I would not only shoot all three, hopefully with one shot, I would write a book about it when I was done... :fud: :newmascot:  Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Gamblinman

Quote from: guesswho on February 20, 2011, 08:10:49 PM
Quote from: Gamblinman on February 20, 2011, 08:08:31 PM
Did just that several years ago in Texas. Killed 3 at one time. With my Eastern from an earlier hunt, had my 4 bird limit.

Gman
Would you do it again?

Yes,,if 3 toms of that quality came in again together, Iwould

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Rio Fan

In Washington, you can kill two birds in a day.  Two years ago on opening day, my dad and I killed 4 longbeards, but they were basically 4 seperate hunts.  We killed our first 2 sitting at the same tree, but a half hour apart.  The other 2 we killed were at different locations.  Even though that ended our Washington season, that was the most incredible day I've ever had and I'd do that again without a doubt, especially since it was on public ground. Plus, we hunt Idaho as well, so we knew our season wasn't completely over.  And I love to call for friends and family members as well.

Last spring in Idaho on opening weekend, I had a group of 3 longbeards come in to me gobbling like crazy.  If I would've been allowed to kill all 3, I would've done it.  I killed the strutter and could've killed the other two if it were legal.  You can only kill one bird a day there, and two total during the spring season.  I would've been happy to spend the rest of my time over there calling for my dad and my two buddies.

CASH

Yes.  And  then go find three more to shoot.

This is a test
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Reloader

If I was on an out of state hunt, Yep, sure would.  I'd most likely be hunting with someone else, so I'd still get to enjoy the rest of the hunt.

I was faced with this situation on a 3 day hunt in TX once.  You can kill all 4 tags in one day there and I called in 4 toms on the 1st morn.  I shot one, pulled around and smoked another, then the other two went to each bird back and forth for 15min. I had one shell left and lined them both up multiple times, but didn't fire. Never had another opportunity that trip. In hindsite, I would have piled them all up and tagged along with another hunter the next two days. I get more excited watching someone else drop a tom than myself anyway.

Limbstrutter

Not on my property.  It's kinda like this , You know how you feel when you limit out , you get that i'm done feeling. I love to hunt so I think I'd wait and try to take one . Make my season last a little longer.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

FttFttVroom!

I could legally shoot two out of three in one shot depending on what county on Oklahoma I happen to be hunting in.  Our statewide bag limit is three toms, but there are no counties that allow more than two toms to be harvested.  I gotta drive a little ways to get my third one.

TrackeySauresRex

NOooooooo!........Too much work. That at least 60lbs of turkey to lug outta the woods.  ;D   
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

earlybird

Yes i would.When on an out of state hunting trip i'm there for one reason,to hunt not sightsee.I save those trips to take the wife.

flintlock

I'd rather have the sep hunts. 
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

PANYHunter

Yeah I'd shoot em but only if I had a video camera so people would believe that I got them all with one shot.