OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Opinion on Glocks

Started by agturkey, February 05, 2012, 09:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I have a 21SF that I modified to hunt with. The guns is super accurate and can be sprung to shoot .45ACP, .45 ACP +p+ or .45 Super. My favorite is shooting it with +p+ loads using a 185gr Nosler at 1250fps. Kills deer just fine. Here it is:

joshua

Quote from: Hognutz on February 07, 2012, 02:45:11 PM
How often do you shoot your brothers, and where do you hit them so they don't die on you for the next shooting??  :TooFunny:
:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

redrivergar

I have a g22 in .40 that I bought after Detroit P.D. Upgraded. They sent back to glock for refurb which made the pistol basically new then I bought it from a local sporting goods store. I have put many rounds through it and there's no telling how many were fired before I got it. It has Detroit P.D. Stamped on the slide and on the barrel which makes it unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grunt-N-Gobble

I dont own one myself, but of the two my dad owns and the one my friend owns, they all shoot very well.

Accurate with factory and my hand loads in 40 cal.

Eric Gregg

I am looking for a good gun for personal defense in the future. My dad was a policeman when Glocks first came out, and then he chose to carry his Taurus 357 Revolver over the Glock because then they had a tendency to jam, and a revolver didn't jam. Being that he is a Vietnam Veteran, he knows about having a gun that has a tendency to jam when the pressure is on.

Looks like the company has turned things way around since then and looks to be credible. I see a lot of officers carry them on here so I respect and trust their opinions.
But, for personal defense, I think I am going to go with a revolver.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: TeocTom on February 07, 2012, 09:35:56 PMhe chose to carry his Taurus 357 Revolver over the Glock because then they had a tendency to jam
Hmm, that's interesting. My Glock 27 has never jammed, not once. Even when shooting cheapo ammo at the practice range.

Gummi Bear

I've had a G22 on my hip since 97 when out in the field.  It's been muddy, dusty, wet and every other kind of funky.  It has never failed to fire.  I've put about 7,000 rounds through it, with my only FTF being cheap ammo related.  I bought it as a backup when bow hunting and chasing pigs, and it has served me well.

Hognutz

They will go bang everytime you pull the trigger..Period..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

CB on the run

My department is on our second batch of glock 22 & 27's(Gen 4 this time) with no problems whatsoever.  The department converted in 1996.

CB

WildSpur

I have only seen a Glock legitimately jam 1x and that was with simunitions.  Limp wristing can also cause malfunctions.  Hold tight and take the recoil and the gun will be fine.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: WildSpur on February 08, 2012, 12:46:44 PM
  Limp wristing can also cause malfunctions. 

I've never heard that applied to firearms, but I guess it is universally applicable. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

WildSpur

Dont mind my slang.

Shooting with an "unlocked wrist" can cause a failure to extract and a failure to feed. 

Cluck more, yelp less

delta hunter

I carried a glock 22 when I was a game warden, and now I carry a model 31 as a state trooper. I a
Confident I can count on them to work if i ever need them

JWC07

I like them. They are reliable

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!