turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opinion on Glocks

Started by agturkey, February 05, 2012, 09:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullit

I have had several over the years. They are ok but they are not a 1911....

anthonyjhallen

Dont own one but have seen a shift in serious competitive shooters from a Glock to M&P.  . 

Hognutz

Quote from: Deputy 14 on February 05, 2012, 10:28:26 PM
Another plastic Mattel Toy Company product. Save a little more and buy a sig.  :)
On a serious note theyre good guns I just prefer a gun made of metal. Had a buddy who's house burnt and the glock didn't. Pulled it out of the ashes cleaned it and shot like a new one.

I bought a Sig 229 Gen2 SAS about 6 months ago and it doesn't go into battery about 20% of the time, with 90% of the ammo that I have used. Blazer Brass is the only round that it will feed. It has been back to factory and they did not get it right. It is not even close to being reliable enough to carry everyday. A $900 pistol..Stay tuned!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

lightsoutcalls

I have only owned my Glock 31 for a couple of months and have only had a chance to shoot a few rounds through it.  It actually doesn't kick like I expected (.357 sig).  I want to get the tru-glo tritium sights on it.  The fixed sights seem to be several inches low at 15 yards. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Hognutz

Quote from: Hognutz on February 06, 2012, 10:06:18 AM
Another plastic Mattel Toy Company product. Save a little more and buy a sig.  :)
On a serious note theyre good guns I just prefer a gun made of metal. Had a buddy who's house burnt and the glock didn't. Pulled it out of the ashes cleaned it and shot like a new one.

I bought a Sig 229 Gen2 SAS about 6 months ago and it doesn't go into battery about 20% of the time, with 90% of the ammo that I have used. Blazer Brass is the only round that it will feed. It has been back to factory and they did not get it right. It is not even close to being reliable enough to carry everyday. A $900 pistol..Stay tuned!!

My Sig went back today, for the second time..

RutnNStrutn

I have a Glock 27 and love it!! Its easy to hold, shoots good groups and has never once jammed, ever!!

Cleburne

I got a Glock 30 and just love it, its my ccw.

Deputy 14

Quote from: Hognutz on February 06, 2012, 02:27:27 PM
Quote from: Hognutz on February 06, 2012, 10:06:18 AM

My Sig went back today, for the second time..

Man that sucks. First time I've honestly heard of anyone having a problem with one. We put outs through the ringer and not do much as a burp in the cycling

Hognutz

If there is a bad one in the batch, I'll find it!!

shadetree callers

I absolutely love them . They are reliable and easy to carry due to the plymer frame and its light weight . I own sigs , Springfields and Kimbers . They are all great guns but the glock 34 is my choice for a carry gun ! I taught both of my daughters how to tear down and assemble a Glock and I have them do it in front of the boys they date . That way the boys know my girls can take care of themselves , LOL !!

Turkey Trot

I've tried to like them because the US HQ is here in metro Atlanta, I have known people that work there, and their prices are better than a lot of semi-autos.  But I just don't like them.  The fit and feel are not right to me, and I don't like the trigger safety.

I prefer an H&K USP or Sig, or even Browning Hi Power, Kimber, S&W, and even a Taurus or two.

The USP has a thumb safety/decocker like a 1911, John Browning got it right the first time, but not the palm squeeze.  I'm not a big fan of the palm squeeze.  A USP in .45 ACP shoots better than any 1911 I've had my hands on.     
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: shadetree callers on February 07, 2012, 11:03:44 AMI taught both of my daughters how to tear down and assemble a Glock and I have them do it in front of the boys they date . That way the boys know my girls can take care of themselves , LOL !!
:icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

Great gun, I dont have one but love to shoot my brothers!

Hognutz

How often do you shoot your brothers, and where do you hit them so they don't die on you for the next shooting??  :TooFunny:

Deputy 14

Quote from: Hognutz on February 07, 2012, 02:45:11 PM
How often do you shoot your brothers, and where do you hit them so they don't die on you for the next shooting??  :TooFunny:
:TooFunny:B :TooFunny: :TooFunny: