OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Whats your vote ???

Started by rtsj, February 03, 2012, 08:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtsj

Gonna get a new Jake decoy and its either gonna be the DSD or the Avian-X. Which one do you prefer and why?

Thanks Roy

stinkpickle

If I were ever going to drop that kinda coin on a decoy, I'd go with an American-made DSD.  I'm not sure where the Avian-X's are made.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

CASH

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 03, 2012, 10:11:40 PM
If I were ever going to drop that kinda coin on a decoy, I'd go with an American-made DSD.  I'm not sure where the Avian-X's are made.

:agreed: :thanks:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

chatterbox

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 03, 2012, 10:11:40 PM
This.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Dsd. They are of superior quality and realism.

bird

Gobble!

CASH

Quote from: bird on February 04, 2012, 08:28:52 AM
DSD

DSD

DSD

DSD

DSD

DSD

DSD

We get it. You buy Chinese products.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Old Gobbler

Apples to Pears .....be informed about decoys and how , and where most are made --

I would like to remind you that turkey hunters are a finicky group , they tend not to settle for second best , you only get so many mornings to hunt each year .Why business men cant grasp the concept that  no sane turkey hunter will pass up on the best sounding call they can get, best looking camo, best place to hunt , or in this case the best looking decoy - turkey hunters as a group are not known for  for "second rate " mind set . Turkey hunters are more than willing to spend extra for the best   

The best quality , most durable decoy is the DSD , if you want  the best ,that's what you should get , I have one that in a few weeks that will be looking at season #5 and still looks like it did the day I pulled it out of the box- its because of the casting process , DSD use's A.C.E. tech - the paint sticks, and is on there for good,the feather detail and relief , you will have to see first hand to appreciate. Spend the extra money and you save your self money in the near run -  You guys got to know by now that most innovations and highest quality originates from the USA , this is true with many things -

There have been several failed attempts to copy the DSD  .....there is the rest of the field of decoys ,or a distant 2nd or 5th best  there is no shortage of cheaply made Chinese polyethylene decoys out there -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

chatterbox

timbrhuntr

I remember when Dave Smith first starting posting pics on the Taxidermy web site showing his carvings in progress for his new turkey decoys. I thought man those are going to be awesome what detail he put in. If I didn't have my own (made in Canada  :P mounted decoys) I wouldn't hesitate to get one of them.

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Woodsman4God

DSD, I dont even own one but as others have stated Made in USA and then I prefer to support the little guy as much as I can over the mass produced mega companies.