OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Whats your vote ???

Started by rtsj, February 03, 2012, 08:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tuttle

DSD for me too.  I have 2 DSD hens, I may have to invest in that jake or may just get crazy and buy the strutter.  They are ALL unreal! 

sugarray

I have to vote for DSD.  I just got my Upright hen and it is like holding one in your lap.  Will either get the Jake and Feeder at the convention or order when I get home!!

Nothing compares!!

simpzenith

I used to use the foam, fold up decoys because they were compact and ready to carry. I hunted with a fella once and he had a DSD. Great looking decoy and looked as close to the real thing, next to mounted hens of course. There was a slight problem aside from the price and that was the fact that its a hard shell decoy. I hunt primarily public land and already have enough gear to carry the 2-5 miles, and sometimes more, that I walk daily during the spring. Sorry but any hard shell decoy is a no go in my turkey hunting arsenal no matter how good they look. I've even used the Cherokee inflatable decoys once but was very dissatisfied with their appearance (that of a turkey vulture). Finally the Avian X decoys came along. Equivalent realism as a DSD, inflatable and a lot less expensive. I carry 2 of them IN my vest and not in my hands.

chad fenton

I know its not what you ask but they both look good

ddturkeyhunter

I know my first DSD hen is the old hard molded one, the newer ones do bend a little bit, but they will not fold up like the Avian X and other might. But if your a novice caller like me you need all the help you can get and the DSD is the one to do it for me. Its been very exciting in past years watching all the hens beating up on my hen decoy thinking they were real. Thats why I have been buying one a year and know I have my flock completed this year. I just don't know how much use I will get out of my jake, because I hunt a lot of public Land and I will not use it on public land because it looks to real.