OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

General stuff

Started by harvester, February 20, 2011, 08:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 20, 2011, 11:04:01 AM
Man, I'm gonna take some flack for this but part of the problem with hunting shows is , uh, how do I say this, uh, well, the need to be politically correct and add a certain gender to every hunting show out there.   I've guided nearly every big name in the industry and 42 -45 lb. draw wts. have no business shooting 250-300 lb. midwestern whitetails let alone hogs, elk, moose, etc etc.   :TrainWreck1:    Sorry,  been there done that and I've seen the outcome too many times.   

political correctness is  not only bad for hunting shows but it's going to get us all killed i know this isnt the place but folks who vote for a certain party just cause thier parents did is going to have to stop

unclerick

Wes your right about political correctness.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on February 22, 2011, 07:23:06 AM
Wes your right about political correctness.

Who do think the best overall caller is, on TV?

unclerick

Since this is a general stuff thread I want start anothern for this question.

You guys that use a Thermacell, how long does the butane last and the repellant mats do they last any time at all?

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: unclerick on February 22, 2011, 08:20:26 PM
Since this is a general stuff thread I want start anothern for this question.

You guys that use a Thermacell, how long does the butane last and the repellant mats do they last any time at all?
The mats last four hours or so a piece.  The butane is supposed to last 12 hours.  To me it doesn't seem to last that long.   Of course I run mine non stop for some days.    I have a buddy who claims he can refill old cylanders with a regular bottle of butane.  He tried walking me through it, but I didn't get it.  I'm gonna see him within the next few weeks and get him to show me.  That should save a ton of money. 

mfd1027

I don't think they last 12 hrs either.   I always have a spare bottle in my vest when it starts getting warm.  I hunt in the swamp a lot and I'd have to head to higher ground on a lot of hunt's if I didn't have my thermacell.    Those things are worth their wt. in gold IMHO.   
Dan

harvester

I would like to get one of those things, just aint done it yet. Bugs aint real bad here unless you hunt in the evenings when it starts heatin up.

unclerick

Me and Wes both got one from BP Saturday after we left the convention so I was wondering how long they last.

t_eagen13

The thermacell is one of the best items I've bought, helps a lot. As far as the 12 hours, I don't think it last that long. I'd say i go through 2 mats about for each butane instead of three. Still a great item though.

mfd1027

You guys will love your thermacell's.   Remember , they don't work in high winds but the skeeter's don't either.    A lot of mornings in late April I start it up on my walk in.   I think the best thing about them is the way the hold the skeeter's far enough away that you don't hear em buzzing.   I swear it's the buzzing that makes me crazier than anything.    They're really no more effective than a high deet mosquito spray as far as bites but they have the two advantages of not hearing them and not having to have that greasy stuff all over you.    I remember just holding my breath and spraying my face to keep the dang things away.   They're serious when you get that desparate.   I just killed one here in the house!!!!!   lol
Dan

gob09

thats why i,ve been useing talstar it has no smell and is not greasy

harvester

I don't think we could have HAND PICKED A BETTER TEAM.
Just Sayin
:z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

gob09

we have done some but it is kinda of like a chineesw3 football you need to practice alot and if your doin it alone get one with a remote i think there is a section for it on the main board

mfd1027

JJ films all the time.   Maybe he'll chime in. 
Dan

gob09

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 23, 2011, 07:34:12 PM
JJ films all the time.   Maybe he'll chime in. 
i hope so cause i'd relly like to get some bird floppin on film