OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The first..................

Started by scott ellis, February 01, 2012, 08:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott ellis

What was the 1st turkey call you ever purchased and learned to use?  Mine was a Quaker Boy twin II diaphragm...........1984

se

slave601

preston pittman black diamond.  2000
"thinnin the flock"

redarrow

Lohman box call back in 1979. I still have it.

savduck

Quaker boy slate call with plastic peg striker and box call given to me by my Dad around 86. I think the first I bought for myself was a MAD super aluminator.
Georgia Boy

Mossberg835

Bustabeak

My brother bought me a box call that was hand made by an old guy here in our town around 1994 or 95. I had no idea what a turkey calls was then but thought it was a cool gift. unfortunately it is now broken but I keep it for my collection.  Ironically, my uncle had some turkeys that he penned up for  our neighbors  that had let get out of their pen. I remember hiding behind my grandfather old barn and calling with that box call. Those ol' birds would gobble every time. The first call i remember learning on was a H.S Strut diaphragm. I can't remember the actual name of the call but my cousin and I would take turns making sounds and then tell each other how we did it. Kinda of nasty to think of it but us to 13 year olds could only afford one at the time.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

drenalinld

Mine was a Perfection double glass with the Perfection logo under the surface. I killed my first several gobblers with it. I lost it at some point, but raspyd just hooked me up with a vintage one in the package!

Gamblinman

First was an old Gibson box call that I still have. first diaphram and pot and peg was a  Quaker Boy given to me by Dick Kirby while hunting in Western Oklahoma in the early 80's.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

antnye

Primos jackpot from the Wally world.

jdub2041

Quaker boy push pin, and still use it today

Old Gobbler

Glad you posted this cause I remember my first years turkey hunting , the excitement of going out and hunting with my family was special 

I my dad used to make all our calls , But I do remember saving up my money to buy a Quakerboy DD Adams slate 1985 time --There was less call companies back then but I would by any call I could get my hands on , Perfection, Quakerboy , Penns Woods, and Primos were what was available

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Trevor2

Knight and hale ol yellar! Lost it and a member sent me one last year along with one of his custom calls. Super guy!
Strutstopper

bonemonger

preston pittman, limbhanger i think. first pot call was a primos power crystal. still kill birds with this call. Bob

Hognutz

The aluminator. My brother still uses his as his go to call.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.