OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

AMERICAN MADE.......Does it matter?

Started by El Pavo Grande, January 25, 2012, 08:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

I do the best that I can. Some things just can't be bought that are american made. i.e. televisions, most electronics, watches, etc. Do the best that you can do..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

ghillie

Absolutely YES!!  Very important for me...keep those dollars in America!!  It's costing more for production in some of those other places and I think prices will soon reflect that.  Not to mention the non-regulation...good products are safe products, not products that were made getting around regulations....just my 2 cents

TauntoHawk

I dont usually go out of my way and pay more for products just because it is made in the US unless they have a reputation of being a quality trustworthy product. When I find a good USA product I stand by it and am more than happy to support them.

Foreign production is just a part of todays world and Economics and we mostly did it to ourselfs. Even if the company is based and assembled in the US the parts are still mostly coming from a foreign provider.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GSLAM95

I realize that we can not purchase Made in the USA 100% of the time due to some of the limited manufacturing of several products but it is good to see that many here are aware of our problem.
If this country does not fix the import/export problem that we have our children and grandchildren may be growing up in a very different environment!

Let me give you a perfect example of something that I brought forward on another turkey hunting/call maker/ collector site recently.  
DSD Jake decoy - Made in USA
Dakota decoys "New" Jake which they named "Best turkey decoy" Made in China
Which one will you choose?

The second problem this country must address for our economy to turn is our illegal immigration and rights movement.  It seems rather than making a new citizen learn to speak english before coming a citizen we are instead getting used to pushing 1 for english, 2 for espanuol.
Is there a country that you know of that says press 2 for english if you can't speak our language?  

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

triune

Keep my cash inside the US whenever possible.

teke

bonemonger

try finding camo made in the U.S.A., almost impossible. i try but it is difficult.

turkey slayer

Quote from: Hognutz on January 26, 2012, 09:52:26 AM
I do the best that I can. Some things just can't be bought that are american made. i.e. televisions, most electronics, watches, etc. Do the best that you can do..
Same here.

Ferguson

I do what I can to keep american workers with a job.
David Ferguson
Eminence, MO
573 226 5939

TANK

About 3 months ago I had to purchase some tools for my company truck & new machine. I work for a tax based company and I run a floating excavator. The machine is a Case 130 trackhoe (made in Japan) on a set of pontoons (made in Thibadeaux, La). So I figured the people that pay my salary work in the USA so every tool I bought was made in the USA......prolly spent about a $150 more but the quality is there! God Bless The USA! :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Woodsman4God

Quote from: cannonball on January 25, 2012, 08:05:37 PM
I have been paying attention to this lately and do my best to buy made in the USA product when ever possible. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Ditto , mostly because even if the price is skewed I know my made in USA stuff will hold up better than China, I will pay alot more for tools made in USA because the chinese stuff is terrible

30_06

I try to buy American made whenever possible, and I try to stock my store with as many American made products as possible.

unclerick

I try to buy American when possible, even those things that are maade somewhere else but assembled in USA,
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

bird

No self respecting outdoorsman would purchase a Chinese made product if an American made product were available!