OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

AMERICAN MADE.......Does it matter?

Started by El Pavo Grande, January 25, 2012, 08:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pavo Grande

All things are not always equal.  However,  in consideration of most products, if quality is equal do you normally purchase products built in the USA as compared to foreign built products even if pricing is higher, but in a reasonable range?  I'm sure it can be subjective to the product being purchased.

cannonball

I have been paying attention to this lately and do my best to buy made in the USA product when ever possible. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

WildTigerTrout

I buy American most of the time but..... My two Benelli's are made in Italy, my Browning 10ga BPS Stalker is made in Japan, My 70's vintage Ithaca LSA 55 Turkey Gun 222/12Ga. is made in Finland. My Rem. 870SM is made in America. I also drive Jeep's which I believe are still made in the USA. ;D
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

bird

If the VIN # on your vehicle begins with a 1 then it is assembled in the USA. 2 is Canada and 3 is Mexico.  Notice I said assembled not made.

harvester

I try to buy American made products whenever I can. Sometimes they are hard to find but they are out there. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

CASH

My American Chevy was assembled in Canada. My friends Hyundai was made in Alabama. Go figure.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

customgunsocks

The thing that scares me is the paints, dyes and what not. Im still reading where soemthing or other turned out to be toxic containing, lead or there are other substances, we here in the USA had several dogs and cats die due to what they were using, the animals kidneys were shutting down, so having said that, I dont want my grandchildren sticking their stuff in their mouths, its just not safe, food for thought,  your wearing a camo t shirt or whatever made in China and your workking up a sweat hunting, whats coming off those dyes, inks? I think they have been clamped down on, but not hard enough regulated yet. These are my wifes and I opinions only.

Tail Feathers

I spent a $100 more on American made tires.  Got a better tire I think, but being made in America played into the decision.
I try to look for the label when possible.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Ruger M77

If possible I buy stuff thats made in the USA  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
I eat therefore I hunt

jde

It matters very much hope more folks start looking for the MADE IN THE USA label.. :icon_thumright:

customgunsocks

I have one to share you guys will get a kick out of, I went on ebay, and priced having 1000 clothing labels made for our gear. I wanted Made in the USA on my tag, well come to find out these were made in china and they wouldnt print that on my label, LOL, hows that one.

Eric Gregg

I play golf, and I was interested in seeing what clubs are actually made here in USA. Comes to find out, the only brand that is 100% American manufactured and assembled is Ping.
I will be buying Ping.

I need to do a better job making sure that I buy American.

mossy835

I now go out of my way to buy American as it helps keep jobs here not in Canada, Mexico and China. NAFTA means squat to me also.

The Cohutta Strutter

I'm trying to do better with that but the selection is still very limited with alot of items. I hope and pray that the tide will turn with this.
Anybody seen America lately?

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy