OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pure Gold or Indian Creek

Started by tcolden, January 23, 2012, 10:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcolden

I have a Brownging Gold 3 1/2 with a 28 inch barrel.  Looking to set it up as a turkey gun.  Any suggestions on a choke?  Thanks.

WNY Bowhunter

I have both a Pure Gold .670 and an Indian Creek BDS .675 for my 3.5" BPS (24" barrel).   Both pattern equally well with the various Hevi-Shot loads that I've used.  Currently, I'm shooting the Pure Gold (much easier to keep clean) with the Mag Blends and have had really great luck with the combo. 
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

mightyjoeyoung

Either.  Or both.  Each would be a good start.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

WNY Bowhunter

The pellet count numbers with the Indian Creek are slightly better in my set-up too but that choke is a bark/debris magnet!!!

allaboutshooting

Of the 2, the PG would be my choice but I'd take a hard look at the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

runngun

Heck buy'em both. They are both excellent choke in my book. But the Pure Gold shoots great and easier to clean.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Gobble!

I like the looks of the IC more but I would go with the PG

goblr77

Pure Gold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gold Spur

I use a IC .665 in my NWTF Browning Gold 12 ga. With H-13 3.5" 7's, I can get 300 pellets in a 10" circle at 40yds. consistently. My barrel is a 24".
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

mcgruff1533

I don't have any experience with the Pure Gold choke, but I do own a .660" Indian Creek for my Mossberg 535 Tactical Turkey.

I've tried many different chokes over the past few years, and found the Indian Creek choke delivers the best patterns out of any of them.     Not only the best numbers, but also the most uniform with no holes or clumps of pellets.

The ports on Indian Creek BDS chokes can be a chore to clean out, but thats easily solved by soaking the choke in paint thinner and then using a Bronze brush to swab out the plastic fouling.    It was a long search, but I'm done buying chokes now... the Indian Creek BDS is my go-to Turkey choke.

bird

Remember people.... The person is asking for advice on a "Browning" not a Mossberg, Remington or any other brand so your results with another brand or your advice is immaterial and useless because it's not a Browning.  So please mindful of this when members are asking for advice.

Bird

davisd9

I am considering getting a Pure Gold to try in my Mossberg 835.  I am going to get an 870 to make as a turkey gun just for fun and as a back up to the 835  I will definitely try a Pure Gold in it.  Never had any experience with the IC but have heard nothing but great things about it.  Thought about trying one also, but if the PG is easier to clean then that is what I will go with.  Good Luck and keep us up to date!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Deer season in MS will be over in a week.  Then I'll be patterning an Indian Creek .665 in my BPS.  I'm curious if any here have tried both a .665 and a .675 Indian Creek in a Browning?

If so, what were the results with Lead and/or HTL?

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: el diablo on January 25, 2012, 11:27:48 AM
I have and the .675 out performed the .665 with the 3.5" hevi 7's, 6's, and magblends.  The .670 and .675 constrictions seem to be the best place to start with INV + guns.   

Same results I had from my BPS. 

stinkpickle

There's a good chance any difference between the .670 PG and the .675 IC will be negligible anyway, so I suggest starting with the one you can get the best price on.  I have a .670 PG on my BPS now.  If I can find a .675 IC at a bargain price someday, maybe I'll try it.  For now, I'm perfectly content.  ;)