turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scope question.

Started by OLE RASPY, January 12, 2012, 09:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

Zeiss Conquest is hard to beat for the coin.  I like Leupolds as well, but lean twds the Zeiss more often.

If you are looking for a low priced scope, the Nikon Prostaff is hard to beat for the money.  Midway is running the new model 4-12x40 w/ MD ret for $179 right now.  You'll be hard pressed to beat the prostaff in the sub $200 range.

Good luck.

Reloader

OLE RASPY

Thanks for the info reloader im gonna check that out.

OLE RASPY

What reticle yall reccomend for yote hunting.I will be making some long shots prolly like 400 yards or better sometimes not much though should i stick with a lower power scope.I was thinking something like 4x12x40 or maybe a 16 powr.

OLE RASPY

So is the term paralax what im talking bout when i say the bullet changes when i adjust the magnification.Never payed no attention to my other scopes till now when i seen i had a problem with this scope.If so then alot of these scopes yall reccomendeing dont have parlax adjustment

drenalinld

No. If bullet impact moves with magnification adjustment, it is a defective or poor quality scope. Parallax means if you move your eye side to side or up and down the crosshairs move on the target. This is cured with an adjustable objective. Most hunting scopes without an adjustable objective are set to be parallax free at 100 yards. This will minimize parallax for most hunting situations with scopes of lower magnification. Longer ranges and higher magnifications magnify parallax which is why most scopes that go to 10X or more have an adjustable objective to eliminate parallax as well as focus on target. The parallax is experienced because the eye is being focused at the incorrect range. I hope this makes sense.

MAGGUNS

I would say Leupold, I have tried many many other scopes and just am not satiefied if it is not a Leupold. I have and use others but my main hinting rigs are wearing Leupolds. Did I mention, I am a Leupold fan?    :z-guntootsmiley:

anthonyjhallen

Leupold is also providing custom turrets on VX3 and VXR for free.  Just call them and provide the data for the round you are shooting and they will send you the correct dials.

Gotta love free

http://www.leupold.com/rewards/

OLE RASPY

Quote from: drenalinld on January 16, 2012, 12:06:21 AM
No. If bullet impact moves with magnification adjustment, it is a defective or poor quality scope. Parallax means if you move your eye side to side or up and down the crosshairs move on the target. This is cured with an adjustable objective. Most hunting scopes without an adjustable objective are set to be parallax free at 100 yards. This will minimize parallax for most hunting situations with scopes of lower magnification. Longer ranges and higher magnifications magnify parallax which is why most scopes that go to 10X or more have an adjustable objective to eliminate parallax as well as focus on target. The parallax is experienced because the eye is being focused at the incorrect range. I hope this makes sense.
:icon_thumright:

gaswamp

lots of good recommendations....scopes are like most everything else you get what you pay for in quality

Basser69

Quote from: Reloader on January 15, 2012, 10:50:29 PM
Zeiss Conquest is hard to beat for the coin.  I like Leupolds as well, but lean twds the Zeiss more often.

If you are looking for a low priced scope, the Nikon Prostaff is hard to beat for the money.  Midway is running the new model 4-12x40 w/ MD ret for $179 right now.  You'll be hard pressed to beat the prostaff in the sub $200 range.

Good luck.

Reloader

Reloader sums this up...I could not have said it better

honker22

Exactly what reloader said.  My first choice is Leupold VX3 4.5-14x50 and they are atop all of my Deer rifles.  I bought a 22-250 for hogs and varmints and went a little cheaper with the VX2 3-9x40.  If you want to go EVEN cheaper, then you need to go with Nikon.  I've shot the Buckmaster and Prostaff and they are all worth the $$$
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.