turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scope question.

Started by OLE RASPY, January 12, 2012, 09:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsman4God

I have a 4x nikon monarch on my 35 remington, was on my 270 and I have had to sight it in twice in 20 years, 1 st time on my 270 and first time on my 35, hasnt moved since. Great clarity too, On my 270 now is a Leupold V x II 3 x 9 x 40 that has the same results sighted once and held since, cant go wrong with either of those for the price

Deputy 14

I shoot nothing but Leupold as a rule of thumb. BUT, check out the Cabelas tactical turret scope that comes with caliber and bullet grain specific turrets. I have one on my .204 and it is right on out to 500 with as simple twist. Plus they are not expensive.  :policeman:

OLE RASPY

Thanks for the replys guys.

Click on this link and tell me what yall think of this scope.This just one of the few i have been looking at.
Been giving Leupold a hard look.

http://www.sears.com/barska-6-24x40-ir-point-black-riflescope-223-cal/p-SPM5955687501P

sharxfan

If it was me I would stay away from Barska.

rebelman

Look for a used leupold. Problem solved.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: sharxfan on January 14, 2012, 08:49:30 PM
If it was me I would stay away from Barska.
ok thanks for the heads up.

OLE RASPY

sharxfan

Sorry Raspy but I would stay away. If it is in Hong Kong probably a knock off  not a really Leupold. You would also probably have a hard time finding rings that would allow you to mount a 60mm objective. I checked and a quick run through showed no leupolds with a 60mm objective. I hate to say it but I would stick with the major players. I got a vortex crossfire in 2.5 - 10x50 and the glass is great and the warranty is top notch. Also you can check the SWFA webiste for different scopes. Primary arms also has some good scopes and red dots they are more tactical though than a regular scope.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: sharxfan on January 14, 2012, 10:43:52 PM
Sorry Raspy but I would stay away. If it is in Hong Kong probably a knock off  not a really Leupold. You would also probably have a hard time finding rings that would allow you to mount a 60mm objective. I checked and a quick run through showed no leupolds with a 60mm objective. I hate to say it but I would stick with the major players. I got a vortex crossfire in 2.5 - 10x50 and the glass is great and the warranty is top notch. Also you can check the SWFA webiste for different scopes. Primary arms also has some good scopes and red dots they are more tactical though than a regular scope.
alright thanks.kinda what i was thinking but wanted somebody else to tell me.lol.
Im still looking at a bunch always heard leupold is way to go but they are pricey for the higher magnification ones.the 3x9x40 aint bad on there price so i might get that one but was wanting one i can relly zoom in on.

OLE RASPY

Also was looking at a Bushnell New Banner Dusk & Dawn Scope 4-16X40 714164.But dont want to be in the same boat i am in with the bushnell i got.
Just want a scope where bullet impact doesnt change with magnification.

Crutch

Leopoldo, riflemans are cheap enough and hold true. Bass pro or online.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

vaturkey

You got a really good rifle so you should put a really good scope on it. Get you a Leupold VX 2 model with AO ( adjustable Objective ). Ain't nothing but money ! You will never have to buy another scope.
A used Leupold is just as good as a new one. Same lifetime Warranty !  Good Luck ! :icon_thumright:

Check E- Bay & Rimfirecentral.com
Vaturkey

Holston

Quote from: vaturkey on January 15, 2012, 12:48:27 AM

A used Leupold is just as good as a new one. Same lifetime Warranty ! 

:agreed:

goblr77

A Leupold VXIII or VXII would be my first two choices if money isn't a problem. If I wanted to go a little cheaper a Nikon Buckmaster will do just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharxfan

Just remember Raspy that the higher the zoom the more reticle movement there will be if you do not have perfect form. I had a Leapers 6-24 and at 24 I could see every little twitch and shake. It was way to mag for me. Also if you have the possibility of having ashorter range shot then with to much mag you will not be able to see the target clearly. That is why I went lower at 2.5 so that the 30 yd shots are clearer if they come out of the trees that close.