OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scope question.

Started by OLE RASPY, January 12, 2012, 09:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Whats a good and resonably priced scope.I got a savage .223 axis and it came with a bushnell 3x9x40 sharp shooter but one problem.When i change the magnification from 5 to 9 the bullet impact is off quite a bit is there a scope that yall reccommend that dont do this.

redarrow

Try sighting in at 10 power then drop to 5 and see what happens.

maustypsu

I just got a display model Sightron SII 3-9x40 for $75.  I also bought a Karl Zeiss for $750.  I would recommend both based on what price range you are looking at.  Nikon Monarch series  are good but I would try to compare Sightron side by side with Nikon and see if the Nikon brand is worth the extra money.  If I'm going to spend $300-500 on a scope I would just spring for a Zeiss.

redarrow

Dont forget to check out Optics planet.

vaturkey

IMO Leupold is the best scope out there. For that .223 I would suggest a  vx2  4x12x40mm. with AO. Adjustable Objective. For long range shootin 300 to 400 yds. I just seen one just like it in  new cond go on e-bay last week for 300.00.  I just like that multa coat lens on the vx2 models. Great for crunch time ( 1st hr of daylight & last hr of daylight )  . I'm sure you wont be disappointed. Good Luck !     Ricky   :newmascot:                     
Vaturkey

BOFF

I've been very impressed with the Buriis Fullfield IIs. I have an earlier Zeiss Diavari, and in comparing the two side by side at twilight and dark, I can't tell the difference. I have the 50 mm, and 42mm Fullfield IIs. I bought most of the Burris scopes off Ebay.

Just my thoughts.

God Bless,
David B.

Devastator

leupold,end of your troubles.

anthonyjhallen

I just put a Leupold VX-R patrol on my AR and so far I like it.  I am going to put it through the ringer this weekend so we will see how it holds up.  My hypothsis from prior experience with Leupold is it should be well worth the money.

davisd9

Redfield Revolution 3-9 X 40 mm.  Scope is worth so much more than they ask for it!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

OLE RASPY

Quote from: redarrow on January 12, 2012, 09:51:30 PM
Try sighting in at 10 power then drop to 5 and see what happens.
Hey red i tryed that and it still is off.

Holston

Really depends on how much you want to spend.

I'm a Leupold fan, and I've ran their scopes hard.  Their warranty couldn't get any better, so I look at it like I'm buying for a lifetime of use.

I'm a huge fan of their fixed power scopes, specifically the 6X, and used ones can be had on the cheap.  Most people like more magnification, but I've shoot 600 yards pretty regular with only 6 power, so it's more than enough for any hunting I do.

If you're not looking to put that much cash into one, (even though used Leupys are reasonable, esp. the M8s)  I recently put a Redfield on a .17HMR that sees a lot of use, and I can't complain at all for the money I spent on it.

I've also got a couple Weavers(1 V16, 1 K6, 1 K4, and 1 40/44) that have been dependable, fairly clear glass, and track perfectly.

sharxfan

+2 for Vortex. Also if your Bushnell came with a warranty I would call them and see what they do about the issue.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: sharxfan on January 13, 2012, 09:40:29 PM
+2 for Vortex. Also if your Bushnell came with a warranty I would call them and see what they do about the issue.
just sent bushnell a email bout it.

sharxfan

I forgot to add Weaver Nitrex line. they are on clearance at Natchez shooters supply supposedly they have the japanese glass and are excellent for the money.

customgunsocks

I put a bushnell 6 X 24 mildot on my wifes 22-250, we both love it.Otherwise i would write to the scope manuf or savage, for a 3 x 9 power that shoudlnt be doing that.