turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where?

Started by guesswho, January 12, 2012, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

gob09

i looked on the      website but could'nt find where the     spends there cash

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 12, 2012, 09:52:00 PM
Of course, those with eyes wide shut will most likely not be able to find it,
I was wanting to look at it on the NWTF site but got tired of looking.   I was really wanting to see what they have done and if I should reconsider my stance.   I guess nothing has changed much, I can't find the information and so far haven't had any help finding it, let alone land they have secured or helped manage to benefit the turkey.       the   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

guesswho

And for the record I was sincere about looking into what their doing.  I didn't start this thread to bash the NWTF. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

ctwny1

No turkeys left here in NY....We need turkeys transplanted here...

gob09

Quote from: guesswho on January 13, 2012, 07:51:59 AM
Quote from: GobbleNut on January 12, 2012, 09:52:00 PM
Of course, those with eyes wide shut will most likely not be able to find it,
I was wanting to look at it on the  site but got tired of looking.   I was really wanting to see what they have done and if I should reconsider my stance.   I guess nothing has changed much, I can't find the information and so far haven't had any help finding it, let alone land they have secured or helped manage to benefit the turkey.       the   
i clicked on the finance report but the page stopped working about the time i got to the to the report( coincidence ) im not sure

GobbleNut

Okay,....all (good natured) kidding aside, here's how to get to the info you seek.  ....Go to the _ _ _ _ website.  Assuming the home page screen is the same for all of us, look in the grayish box on the right side where it says "view another state"  Click on that and up will come a map.  Click on the state you wish to look at and the info on that state will come up.  If the info is not on the screen at that point, then click on the information regarding the Superfund in that state.  It will show you totals and breakdowns of how the funds have been spent.

Important points:
1)  Those funds are controlled by the individual state chapters themselves.  The members/volunteers determine how the money is spent, within some reasonable guidelines.  If you are a state member, you have a voice in how the funds are spent, assuming your voice is part of the majority and not out in "left field" somewhere.
2)  There seems to be a concern that the _ _ _ _ does not purchase enough land to preserve for hunting.  It is up to the state members to decide how their funds will be spent.  It becomes a prioritization as to what gives "the most bang for the buck".  Often, buying significant tracts of land is expensive,....and therefore, chapters have, for the most part, determined is it best to improve existing public properties for wildlife rather than buy property.  Even so, there have been instances where key pieces of land have been purchased,...and not for the exclusive use of the "privileged few".
Here in NM, and any other state with lots of public land, it would be a waste of our dollars to purchase what would be small tracts of private land at todays prices,...rather than try to improve conditions for turkeys on our existing public lands.  Although there are some states that have purchased key pieces of private lands that are somehow thought to be worthy enough to be purchased, this is typically not the best way to spend the funds for the amount of return that will come from it.  

3)  Another statement that regularly rears its ugly head here is "_ _ _ _ has not transplanted any turkeys, our DNR has".
...That  is because it is illegal for wildlife to be transplanted without it being under the auspices of any state's DNR!
However, the _ _ _ _ has funded and provided volunteer manpower to assist in many, many, many turkey transplants throughout the nation.

Eric Gregg

This thread was funny!
Guess Who, I like your style man.......

You know, in the thread that was previously getting outta hand about the    I think that I may have been wrong in jumping in there against the        .
I remember walking on our WMA here and seeing       signs where the      had sponsored brooding habitat. By the way, I was squirrel hunting there, and a flock of 17 turkeys crossed the road in front of me. Looks like it worked. I hereby repent and retract any negative statement I made towards the.......and I plan on renewing my membership.

runngun

It is in the latest magazine. I saw the map breakdown in there some where. I will see if I can find it

Good Luck and God Bless
      Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 13, 2012, 08:27:52 AM
Okay,....all (good natured) kidding aside, here's how to get to the info you seek.  ....Go to the _ _ _ _ website.  Assuming the home page screen is the same for all of us, look in the grayish box on the right side where it says "view another state"  Click on that and up will come a map.  Click on the state you wish to look at and the info on that state will come up.  If the info is not on the screen at that point, then click on the information regarding the Superfund in that state.  It will show you totals and breakdowns of how the funds have been spent.
Thanks Gobblenut, thats what I was looking for.  The money spent in Al/Ga isn't impressive to me but it is more than I expected, throw in the volunteer's time and it makes it a little easier for me to not dislike the  as much.  Since 1985 the  has spent an average of $67,000 in Alabama, and $132,000 Georgia.  No wonder we don't have any turkeys.   I would like to know how much money the  has brought in from both states since 1985, that might be an eye opener one way or the other, but I've about maxed out my attention span and am moving on.  
Quote from: TeocTom on January 14, 2012, 12:43:42 AM
This thread was funny!
Guess Who, I like your style man.......
:z-guntootsmiley: :angel9:

Ok, one other question for Gobblenut.  How much of New Mexico's superfund money did they have to spend to get that talking wax sculpture of you at the 's headquarters?
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Ok, one other question for Gobblenut.  How much of New Mexico's superfund money did they have to spend to get that talking wax sculpture of you at the 's headquarters?
[/quote]

Another good question.   We negotiated long and hard.  They wanted a considerable fee at first, but when I pointed out that having my likeness there would surely result in a huge increase in visitors, they relented and agreed to call it even.
It's kinda like havin' Elvis in da' howse!....

:you_rock:    :you_rock:    :you_rock:    :you_rock: