turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Hunting Tip Challenge

Started by chrisun, February 06, 2011, 09:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Learn how to call softly and go to it all through the day. You will regularly kill bigger birds calling softly.

It is much more important than knowing how to cackle like a coven of witches.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

keyser12ga

Quote from: redarrow on February 07, 2011, 10:45:22 AM
No matter how hard its raining,never use your decoy for a hat. :fud: :newmascot:

This is my favorite. 

SCtrkyhntr

1. Do not bushwack
2.  If you are new to calling, do not ask you buddy how your calling sounds, ask someone that will be honest even if it hurts your feelings.

Crutch

If a noisy hen won't let him come to you, try to be two hens. Yelp on a pot and cut with a mouth call, and walk on top of her. Everytime she starts up again it might mean he is starting to stray away from her, walk on top of her again but be ready for him to poke his head out, and don't get caught.

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

knightrider

dont get stuck in a paticular way of hunting evry bird  is different, dont be afraid to try new approaches to this wonderfull sport,and stay out of the call classifieds you still need money for gas :TooFunny:

sugarray

I say always take 2 PB and J sandwiches.  They will last for days.  If you think it, he has already done it.

Muskie03

Bring extra smokes and chew. It could take a while.

Scout. Scout. Scout. Scout. Scout. Scout. Learn what he does and you will kill him.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

manville ridgerunner

Hunt the afternoons.  You don't hear as much gobbling but if you get one gobbling after 4pm it as much as a sure thing as sure things get in the turkey woods.

perrysbirds

Leave the decoy or decoys home or in your truck!
Call and make him come and look for you!
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

Big Timber

Don't forget your Squealing Hen call!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Shotgun

Think outside the box.  Anything is possible in the turkey woods.

Get him excited and then make him hunt you.

Dont forget that scratching the leaves can be just as deadly as a yelp.

joshua

Quote from: guesswho on February 07, 2011, 06:08:21 PM
Don't force the issue.  If things aren't right let him walk off then regroup.
Whole lot easier said than done.  IMO this could be the best advice here.   :icon_thumright:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

headbanger

patience, persistance, DON'T OVERCALL

headbanger

hookedspur

Take a kid with you pass on some of that know-how .  :cross2:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ack

If I'm trying to set up on a specific bird and the terrain allows, I like to get into a position that will give me a shot as soon as that bird comes over the top of a hill, around a corner and so-on. If that bird can hear you but cannot see you many times he will come looking, and you will almost always get a shot as soon as he comes into view if your setup is right. If you can tell that he is getting close, STOP CALLING...he will usually stay on a straight path right into your setup.

Nature's Echo Calls ProStaff