OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunting Tip Challenge

Started by chrisun, February 06, 2011, 09:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisun

Everyone, in my neck of the woods we have about 75 days till the opener. I was wondering if we could get all give our best turkey hunting tip and get over 75 hunting tips together..

I have 2 very good tips.

1. Always travel with a mouth call in your vehicle and practice practice practice.
2. Never ever do into the woods without some toilet paper in your vest. Never know.

John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

dirtnap

Take your gun with you when you go hunting.  It is fairly important.

sodfather

Dont forget to bring your gun or bow.

maustypsu

Load your gun.  Almost cost me a bird two years ago.  But luckily I have a single shot break action so I was able to reload silently when his fan was to me and I got him.

Kylongspur88

If you think you've waited long enough wait some more, your on his time.

paladin

get there early. stay late. sit still in between.
"have gun-will travel"

PANYHunter

get a comfortable seat. X3 on bringing along the gun

shootumindaface

Turkeys are extremely simple creatures, hunt them that way

EMSDJ2

Always let someone know where you are hunting and what time you are expected to return in case of an accident.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

shootumindaface

Quote from: EMSDJ2 on February 07, 2011, 10:04:49 AM
Always let someone know where you are hunting and what time you are expected to return in case of an accident.
Yeah someone that dont turkey hunt :TooFunny:

redarrow

No matter how hard its raining,never use your decoy for a hat. :fud: :newmascot:

shad309

1. always take a first aid kit!!!
2. always bring snacks in case you are in an emergency situation
3. water is a must bring item

TauntoHawk

keep after it, Ive hunted mornings where I didnt hear my first gobble til 10am
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.