turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Picture of your guns

Started by mossybird, February 18, 2011, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossybird

hey bout time we show what our guns look like! Show us them dirt nappers! Mines a Mossberg 535 , shooting Winchester HV 3.5s 2oz #6.

gob09

heres mine REM. 870 shur shot stock w/ an undertaker choke shooting 3" win. #6 xt's got a hell of a deal on this one thanks rick

[attachment deleted by admin]

unclerick

Your welcome Wes, rather you had it, she's a killer now.
Here is my turkey killer, Rem 11-87 shooting Win Supreme Elite Extended range 3in in her right now.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

mfd1027

I've got two of them but this is the one I've carried for about the last 5-6 yrs.   It's a  Thompson Center Encore 12 ga.  and currently it's topped with an Indian Creek Choke and loaded with Hevi 13 7's.

Dan

gob09

Here is mine! again the other pic was'nt too good

unclerick

Quote from: gob09 on February 18, 2011, 09:08:13 PM
That is just one sweet looking little gun right there.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

mossybird

Quote from: unclerick on February 18, 2011, 09:12:58 PM
Quote from: gob09 on February 18, 2011, 09:08:13 PM
That is just one sweet looking little gun right there.
You  got that right!

Kevin

ElkTurkMan

Guys there are some really nice rigs posted on this thread.  Here is mine.  It's an 870 Special Purpose Mag 12GA, in The original  Mossy Oak Bottomland.  Last year I put  aTRU-GLO Gobble stopper on her, and put a Hevi 13 choke on.  She's always been a fan of 3" #6's.  She is currently throwing HEVI-13 3" 2oz #6's.  When I switched to Hevi-13 last spring I got 181 in a ten inch cirlce at 40 yards.  I know it's shy of the magic 200, but it's plenty good for me.   

harvester

you all got some dandys right there. I don't even have a pic of mine to show, lol. may have to get one.
anyway its an 835 ulti mag, i prefer the 3.5s federal flite control #6s, when I can find them and they don't cost a fortune.

mfd1027

What are you talking about Shane.  181 with 2 oz. of 6's is a "HELL" of a pattern.  If mine would do that I'd be shooting 6's.
I love them Hevi 13's. :z-paddy-smiley113:
Dan

mfd1027

Hey, I've got a Mossy 500 that I bought from Shane yrs. ago.   I almost forgot that I have that gun.   My son Joe shot his first turkey with that gun.   It's a shooter.   
Dan

mfd1027

Yep.  My Mossy 500 was the top dog when it came to recoil until I bought my Encore.   That thing kicks like the Hammer of Thor.
I love carrying it and using it in the turkey woods but absolutely "hate" patterning sessions.   It's painful.   
Dan

harvester

thats the reason I don't shoot mine much at all. By far the hardest kicking gun I ever shot.

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 19, 2011, 08:08:34 PM
What are you talking about Shane.  181 with 2 oz. of 6's is a "HELL" of a pattern.  If mine would do that I'd be shooting 6's.
I love them Hevi 13's. :z-paddy-smiley113:

I  love the Hevi-13's.  Man they do a number a turkey's noggin!  Glad to hear that You still have the old Mossburg I sold you, and I'm equally glad to hear Joe shot his first with it.

keyser12ga

Nice rigs guys!  I'll try and get pic's of mine tonight, I dropped the camera in a sink full of water so it's hopefully drying out in a bag of rice at the moment.

I like the Hevi 13 6's alot and have really good patterns with them.  I really wanted to try the 7's this year, but came across a deal from a member on here for 3 boxes of the old white hevi 6's, so I'm going to see how they do.  As far as lead, I've had really good luck/patterns with the Winchester HV (black shell) 3.5   6's.