turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Boots... Need some help finding a comfortable turkey hunting boot

Started by Turkeykiller12, December 26, 2011, 05:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

Im in the market for a pair of boots to mostly be worn during turkey season. I want a style of boot like a "muck" brand boot, easy to slip on and off. My problem is with this style boot is that I wear the inside heel of the boot out and after a short while this gets uncomfortable badly and there is just no way to do alot of walking in a boot like that. Any advice on how to deal with this problem, am I getting the wrong size? Not wearing the right socks? Any suggestions on boots to try? Thanks in advance :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

maustypsu

Gus_13

I'd say you probably have the wrong size. I've been wearing Muck Boots for years. I actually can wear regular socks with then and have no trouble. They have been the best boots for me.
Strut. Gobble. Die.

gunnerj

Get a good pair of ankle fit boots that fit your feet. I've had LaCrosse Alpha Burlys and Irish Setter. I'm currently in the Irish Setters and they did great last year. My brother in law has a pair of Cabela's rubber boots and he loves them, but they don't fit my feet for crap. Experiment, and don't forget your local shoe shops. That's where I got my Irish Setters at and they were cheaper than Cabelas.  :anim_25:

TauntoHawk

I bought muck boots a few years back and got them a little big to fit extra socks.. theres the mistake because when not wearing lots of socks like a warm spring morning my heel has too much room and wore the back out as well. Now it rubs

Ive been wear lace ups for deer but its time for a new pair of turkey boots. Ive been looking at the Muck excursion hiker and Lacrosse alpha SSTs for a lower lighter boot. the knee highs can get so hot and clunky on a low warm spring bird hunt. I will definently get them propper sized for light socks and.

Quote from: Canyonhunter on December 26, 2011, 05:46:22 PM
Im in the market for a pair of boots to mostly be worn during turkey season. I want a style of boot like a "muck" brand boot, easy to slip on and off. My problem is with this style boot is that I wear the inside heel of the boot out and after a short while this gets uncomfortable badly and there is just no way to do alot of walking in a boot like that. Any advice on how to deal with this problem, am I getting the wrong size? Not wearing the right socks? Any suggestions on boots to try? Thanks in advance :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gob09

whatever you do don't buy the red head boots from bass pro i have on a pair i bought in aug. and the sole is comeing away at the toe they fit and wear good but the quality sucks

mightyjoeyoung

Here ya go.  Best deal I've found on muck boots.  The most comfortable pull on style boot I have ever worn and I've gone through them all.

https://www.shopdunns.com/products/1851/muck_woody_max_boot/
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

TrophyTracker

Try wearing a liner sock inside of a wool boot sock. I know it sounds hot, but the liner wicks the sweat away, and you really don't notice the heat. My Alpha Burly's right on down to my snake boots feel just like a good pair of Nike's or New Balance's with this combo.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

cannonball

I like the Muck Woody Max. These are the most comfortable boots I have owned.

westtennhunter

For turkey hunting I love the LaCrosse Grange uninsulated. They aren't snake boots though.

paradis1142

TauntoHawk

I just got a pair of Rocky silent stalkers for turkey season that should be nice on long hikes and warm days.. Could use a new pair of mucks too for those wet days but i can get one more season out of the old ones probably
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ElkTurkMan

I am in the market for a new pair of boots for my South Dakota Trip in April   I was looking at the Danner Pronghorns, they look like they would be ideal.   Anyone have any expierience with them?  They have good reviews on the catlog web sites.

timberjack86

Quote from: Gus_13 on December 27, 2011, 08:42:25 AM
I'd say you probably have the wrong size. I've been wearing Muck Boots for years. I actually can wear regular socks with then and have no trouble. They have been the best boots for me.
:agreed:

Newram05

I just picked up a pair of wolverine king caribou iii. Weigh only 2.6lbs!! Might be a little warm with 800 insulate but goretex and super light!