turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Boots... Need some help finding a comfortable turkey hunting boot

Started by Turkeykiller12, December 26, 2011, 05:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUCKDIGGLER

I'm a big fan of the Alpha Burly Boots buut my God....they have gotten outrageous in price! I kill them in 2-3 seasons too...they are getting up near the price of good leather boots that I can get double to triple the life out of....just sayin! ::)

GobblerChaser

http://www.amazon.com/Danner-Pronghorn-GTX-Snake-Boot/dp/B002OSXYV8

I was a lacrosse fanatic for a long time. Then they quit making the boot I liked can't remember the name. The reason I can't remember is because I tried lots of different boots last year until I broke down and bought some Danner Pronghorns. All I can say is wow. They have erased all other boots from my memory.

Now, I still have some lacrosse rubber boots, but my feet sweat in them during turkey season. They are fine for bow hunting deer, but not when I need to be mobile.

Safe and Happy Hunting!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Follow me on twitter @GobblerChaser.

Leader

cahaba

I purchased the new Danner Jackal snake boots last month. Cant wait to put some miles on them. They feel like a tennis shoe on your feet.

gobbler777

Muck boots and regular socks ... comfortable hunting for sure.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

2Beards

Bought some of the new Under Armor rubber boots and used them all deer season down here in north Bama and i have to say they are some of the most comfortable boots I own. They are uninsulated so they should be perfect for turkey hunting, they also have a nice tight ankle fit that helped me a lot going up and down rocky hills and hollers. I also have some Mucks and they are good boots but not as light as the UA..

gooblnfever

i think the danner pronghorn snake boot is one of the best boots made and very comfortable

JohnnieB

catrancher

If cactus is an issue, go all leather.  I wear Danner Quarry for work and hunting.  Solid boot, waterproof, and not too hot for Texas.

MizzouOutdoors

Boggs Classics are another good choice. Been wearing them for several seasons and I am very satisfied with their comfort and durability.

Rio Fan

Quote from: Hawken on January 06, 2012, 11:44:09 AM
I am in the market for a new pair of boots for my South Dakota Trip in April   I was looking at the Danner Pronghorns, they look like they would be ideal.   Anyone have any expierience with them?  They have good reviews on the catlog web sites.

I have a couple pairs of Danner Pronghorns.  They're good, comfortable boots.  A couple of my hunting buddies really like them as well.

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

Bamarich

LaCrosse Alphaburly if you like rubber... if you like a snake boot, try the Rocky Rattler from BPS.