OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Boots... Need some help finding a comfortable turkey hunting boot

Started by Turkeykiller12, December 26, 2011, 05:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeman45

when i go turkey or deer hunting i like to wear theese rubber boots there snake boots but boy they sure are comfortable and reliable. It might be your socks. :anim_25:
Cock it n' Rock it babeh!

MCase

Quote from: 2ounce6s on December 27, 2011, 10:19:59 AM
Another vote for Lacrosse Alpha burlys here.
A few reasons I use them:
Weight-3.5lbs

Flexible-bend at the ankles well, when sitting against a tree with regular rubber boots I always hated the confining stiff ankle area.

Footbed-Hiking boot style footbed sure makes 4-6 miles of walking a day much better on your feet.

I also use a thin set of polypropylene liner socks under a thin set of cotton socks during warm hunts. Cotton socks may be damp but feet will still be dry and blister free no matter how much walking I've done and I do alot.

Same here.....

archery1

Quote from: westtennhunter on December 31, 2011, 12:34:08 AM
For turkey hunting I love the LaCrosse Grange uninsulated. They aren't snake boots though.
EVERY BODY'S  FEET ARE DIFFERENT THOUGH
JUST GO TO  A STORE WITH ALOT OF DIFFERENT ONES AND TRY THEM ALL

THEN LOOK FOR THE BEST PRICE
GOOD LUCK
Take a kid hunting

935deadbird

They aren't snake boots but I also recommend the Lacrosse Alpha Burlys. I bought my first pair late last year to wear rabbit hunting, which most of the time requires alot of walking. I will be wearing them this upcoming turkey season too because of the comfort and they are lightweight which also means alot.   :OGani:
"Another One Bites The Dust"

ssramage

jakebird

I too, have a pair of lacrosse alpha burlys, but i dont see how u fellas call em light. I think they weigh slightly less than cinder blocks on my feet! I love em for bowhunting where im doing little walking, mostly to stand and back out. For turkey, its my muck wetlands, hands down.  Prob weigh half what those alphas do. Later in spring as the ground dries and i do alot more run and gun i switch to standard lightweight hiking boots. Feet sweat alot walking in rubber and even with moisture wicking socks i dont care for the wetness in the boot. So i wear the mucks when i need the rubber and switch to hiking boots as soon as conditions permit.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

ssramage

Also our local BassPro has the Danner Pronghorn snakeboots for $139

Basin_hunter

In fall we rut, in spring we strut

swamppirate

Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

ceejay

Quote from: Hawken on January 06, 2012, 11:44:09 AM
I am in the market for a new pair of boots for my South Dakota Trip in April   I was looking at the Danner Pronghorns, they look like they would be ideal.   Anyone have any expierience with them?  They have good reviews on the catlog web sites.

I've owned a couple of pairs of Danner Pronghorns, so here is my $0.02.  There are very comfortable if you don't need a lot of support (i.e, any type of mountain hunting).  They are light and flexible but not much for support.  For South Dakota terrain, they might be just fine.   There are plenty of people that really like them.

If I was going to buy a boot in that style and price range I would seriously consider these:   http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Uninsulated-Ultralight-Hunter-Boots-by-Meindl/1237095.uts?WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104797980%3Bcat104826780%3BMCcat105543180