turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Will the Pack go 16-0?

Started by scoot12, December 06, 2011, 02:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

I am a huge Packer fanatic, live in Wisconsin and live and breath packer football, spring turkey hunting and fall bowhunting deer.  Do you guys think the Pack will go 16-0.  I do,  I tell other Packer fans to really enjoy what we are seeing because some people can go a lifetime and not witness there team playing like this.  We are lucky to go from a hall of famer in Favre to potentially the best to ever play the game at qb if he remains healthy in Rodgers.  Go Pack  Scoot

Hognutz

It would be nice..But their defense is dismal. The defensive backs are the worst in the league, and they have no pass rush.. If they can keep scoring 45 a game, I believe they have a shot at immortality. Back to back Super Bowls after an undefeated season..Couldn't be better. And without Favre..Go figure. Somebody knew what they were doing..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

davisd9

The NFL is a league that a defense is no longer required to win.  Every rule favors the offense and if a defensive player falls wrong he will be flagged and fined.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Hognutz

Quote from: davisd9 on December 06, 2011, 02:52:46 PM
The NFL is a league that a defense is no longer required to win.  Every rule favors the offense and if a defensive player falls wrong he will be flagged and fined.

A defense is not required, to win, If you have an offense that can..The Packers qualify. Many don't..

bird

What are you trying to do JINX them! Never talk about an undefeated season until AFTER the season is over!

chatterbox

I would like to see it, but it's a tough row to hoe.
My Patriots came within a min or so of football immortality, and the defense couldn't stop NY.
The closer it comes to reality, the steeper the grade of the hill. Never underestimate the pressure cooker they are in. They may not talk about it, but trust me, they are all thinking about it.

Hognutz

Quote from: bird on December 06, 2011, 04:23:34 PM
What are you trying to do JINX them! Never talk about an undefeated season until AFTER the season is over!

Good thought, Bird. Hopefully a little light hearted banter on a turkey forum doesn't sway the way it shakes out. One way or the other..If it is meant to be, it will be.

Sully53

I don't see that happening!! 1 loss before the playoffs will take the pressure off for a run at the Super Bowl!!

davisd9

Quote from: Hognutz on December 06, 2011, 04:02:48 PM
The NFL is a league that a defense is no longer required to win.  Every rule favors the offense and if a defensive player falls wrong he will be flagged and fined.

A defense is not required, to win, If you have an offense that can..The Packers qualify. Many don't..

It is easy to have that offense when a defense cannot do any true playing because of the rules.  I have nothing agains the packers.  The defensive teams like steelers and ravens are going to be a thing of the past. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Hognutz

Quote from: davisd9 on December 06, 2011, 05:45:19 PM

It is easy to have that offense when a defense cannot do any true playing because of the rules.  I have nothing agains the packers.  The defensive teams like steelers and ravens are going to be a thing of the past. 

Try and explain that to the Colts.

Cleburne

They are looking good right now, hard to bet against them. I think there is a very strong chance that they will.

renegade19

Nope.  Defense is smoke and mirrors.  They do have the best corp of receivers I've ever seen though.

Tail Feathers

Even if they can, and they ARE good, they will likely clinch division and start saving the QB and you'll see the second and/or third string guy for a couple of games.
No need to risk the #1 for no real gain prior to the playoffs.  That's what Indy did a few years back.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

davisd9

Quote from: Hognutz on December 06, 2011, 06:11:25 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on December 06, 2011, 05:45:19 PM

Try and explain that to the Colts.

The colts ar a great example, they have a decent defense but no offense.  It is an offensive leage now.

timbrhuntr

Lets see they have Oakland,Kansas City,Chicago and Detroit. They should pull it off unless Chicago can get Favre to come out of retirement Ha Ha Ha !

I hope they don't sit their starters like the colts. Dumb just dumb. Could have gone into history but instead saved their starters and lost the perfect season then lost the super bowl good move. Now who knows if Manning will ever play again .I think Caldwell robbed him of the perfect season and its a shame.