OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My turkey killers!

Started by gobble157, November 27, 2011, 08:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobble157

So I went ahead and got me another Browning a couple days ago. I got the Browning Maxus in Bottomland at 26". It absolutely feels amazingly light and balanced. I'm having receiver tapped and drilled for a Docter red dot scope for turkey season. I can't wait to shoot it and see the results.

The other guns I have are both Browning Golds NWTF models. One is a 12 ga and the other a 10 ga. These guns have put the smack down on some longbeards since the beginning of my 49 state slam quest. God bless!

David

Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mossy835

rempumpman

Some mighty fine shootin' irons you have there sir; a big congrats; how far along are you on the 49 state turkey killin'? let me know; once againg congrats and thanks for sharing.
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

gobble157

Quote from: rempumpman on November 27, 2011, 09:42:03 PM
Some mighty fine shootin' irons you have there sir; a big congrats; how far along are you on the 49 state turkey killin'? let me know; once againg congrats and thanks for sharing.

I'm 26 down with 23 to go :) lll be hitting it hard this spring in a few area. I primarily hunt public ground so I got tons of areas of interest if anyone need help. I put in countless hours since 2006 to get this far. I'm halfway down and will be hitting the tougher states with lottery this season

gob09

good luck with the 49 state  slam

gobbler74

Nice Rigs!
Myself and a hunting buddy are going back to Arizona for his 49th state kill this spring after a goose egg last year. Not too bad when we consider he had 3 trips to California before scoring #48. He broke his back in September and hopefully will be close to 100% by April. Good Luck on your hunt, that takes dedication far above what some folks understand.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

trkehunr93

cassga

Those bottom 2 would make nice boat anchors :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

gobble157

Quote from: cassga on November 28, 2011, 03:55:06 PM
Those bottom 2 would make nice boat anchors :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Cass,

You should know! I carried those darn things up and down the mountains in the Lincoln National Forest in New Mexico! The 10ga is freaking heavy! I'm ready for the lighter Browning...MAXUS Style!  :toothy12:

gobble157

Quote from: gobbler74 on November 28, 2011, 12:10:42 PM
Nice Rigs!
Myself and a hunting buddy are going back to Arizona for his 49th state kill this spring after a goose egg last year. Not too bad when we consider he had 3 trips to California before scoring #48. He broke his back in September and hopefully will be close to 100% by April. Good Luck on your hunt, that takes dedication far above what some folks understand.

Gobbler74,

It does take loads of dedication and well thought out planning. I started back in 2004 when I first entered the military. I've definitely put a dent in the US Slam, but I've missed in over 5 other states in the past few years >:( Would have been nice, but only time will tell. This year I'm either hitting the New England states or will hit states that I missed in. I have a tag in for Nevada and California. Flying into Reno and hunting some land in Nevada (If I get drawn), then hunting in Cali. Looking forward to another great year...Lord Willing! God bless and good luck to your buddy!

David

allaboutshooting

Quote from: gobble157 on November 27, 2011, 08:20:20 PM
So I went ahead and got me another Browning a couple days ago. I got the Browning Maxus in Bottomland at 26". It absolutely feels amazingly light and balanced. I'm having receiver tapped and drilled for a Docter red dot scope for turkey season. I can't wait to shoot it and see the results.

The other guns I have are both Browning Golds NWTF models. One is a 12 ga and the other a 10 ga. These guns have put the smack down on some longbeards since the beginning of my 49 state slam quest. God bless!

David

Some beautiful guns. Good luck on your quest.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

gobbler74

Quote from: gobble157 on November 28, 2011, 05:10:34 PM
Nice Rigs!

Gobbler74,

It does take loads of dedication and well thought out planning. I started back in 2004 when I first entered the military. I've definitely put a dent in the US Slam, but I've missed in over 5 other states in the past few years >:( Would have been nice, but only time will tell. This year I'm either hitting the New England states or will hit states that I missed in. I have a tag in for Nevada and California. Flying into Reno and hunting some land in Nevada (If I get drawn), then hunting in Cali. Looking forward to another great year...Lord Willing! God bless and good luck to your buddy!

David

On the Northeast states..if you hit a wall with Rhode Island give me a shout.  Also can give a tip on how to get in Nevada if you dont draw a tag but youve got a few years left to draw before going that route. All his states were driven to except Hawaii and Washington. Been a long road for him. Ive only gone along to get a few myself. I enjoy the road time. Lot of stuff to see out there.  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobble157

Quote from: gobbler74 on November 28, 2011, 07:30:16 PM
Quote from: gobble157 on November 28, 2011, 05:10:34 PM
Nice Rigs!

Gobbler74,

David

On the Northeast states..if you hit a wall with Rhode Island give me a shout.  Also can give a tip on how to get in Nevada if you dont draw a tag but youve got a few years left to draw before going that route. All his states were driven to except Hawaii and Washington. Been a long road for him. Ive only gone along to get a few myself. I enjoy the road time. Lot of stuff to see out there.  :icon_thumright:

A buddy of mine I use to call with gave me some insight on Nevada. He contacted Nevada DNR and we are hopefully getting leftover land owner tags from a contact they gave us. We will know something in January. We are not going to make plans until we get confirmation. If not, hitting northeast and I might need some help on Rhode Island :) We are going to Delaware's turkey hunter safety course in February since its a requirement. At least we can get that silly class behind us and plan out those states either this year or the following.

David

gobble157

Gobbler74,

Do you know a good friend of my that just registered all 49 kills with the NWTF...his name is Daniel Rorrer and is from Virginia? Going to his dinner at nationals in February. This man has loads of information and is an overall great person. I'm extremely excited for him. He worked hard year round (fall and spring) and got er done quickly.