turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My turkey killers!

Started by gobble157, November 27, 2011, 08:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

Read it in the paper. I'm thinking he was at a christiansburg nwtf banquet at the time. I'm thinking he's the same guy. I think he's talked to jimmy. Mention that next time you talk, see if its him.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I'd never even heard of a 49 state national slam.

That would take 5 states per year for nearly 10 years straight, to get it done in 10 years, and it sounds like some guys have done it in less than 10 years.

Talk about someone deserving a standing ovation!!! :z-winnersmiley:

gobble157

Quote from: gobbler74 on November 28, 2011, 10:44:51 PM
Read it in the paper. I'm thinking he was at a christiansburg nwtf banquet at the time. I'm thinking he's the same guy. I think he's talked to jimmy. Mention that next time you talk, see if its him.

I'll give him a call later this week and see. Daniel, Scott, and I are hitting new Hampshire and Vermont first week of may before black flies get too terrible.
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

gobble157

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on November 29, 2011, 07:44:35 AM

That would take 5 states per year for nearly 10 years straight, to get it done in 10 years, and it sounds like some guys have done it in less than 10 years.

I appreciate it bud. Definitely a tough task between when you're short on time between the states you hunt. Two years ago I miss in three states, which now I have to go back to. And these states are lottery states. I get too tore up when these dang turkeys come in. Guess I'll give it up when I lose that feeling ;) happy holidays bud!

gobbler74

Quote from: gobble157 on November 29, 2011, 08:42:06 AM
Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on November 29, 2011, 07:44:35 AM

I appreciate it bud. Definitely a tough task between when you're short on time between the states you hunt. Two years ago I miss in three states, which now I have to go back to. And these states are lottery states. I get too tore up when these dang turkeys come in. Guess I'll give it up when I lose that feeling ;) happy holidays bud!

Was one of those Utah?
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobble157

No not Utah thankfully. Illinois and Iowa that go around :)

gobble157

Quote from: el diablo on December 01, 2011, 11:56:06 AM
Gobble157, you are the man!  Love those brownings!  Good luck on your 49 state slam, I only have 46 states left to go in mine. lol

Thanks bud! You can still do it...don't give up! Happy holidays and God bless!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Bottomland just looks classy.  So does the shotgun.

CallMaker

That's a sweet collection...Good luck on your 49 State journey!
Steven

cassga

Quote from: gobble157 on November 28, 2011, 12:40:46 AM
Quote from: rempumpman on November 27, 2011, 09:42:03 PM
Some mighty fine shootin' irons you have there sir; a big congrats; how far along are you on the 49 state turkey killin'? let me know; once againg congrats and thanks for sharing.

I'm 26 down with 23 to go :) lll be hitting it hard this spring in a few area. I primarily hunt public ground so I got tons of areas of interest if anyone need help. I put in countless hours since 2006 to get this far. I'm halfway down and will be hitting the tougher states with lottery this season

Your sig line says 21 to go, and you said 23 to go above.  Which is it??

gobble157

you're right its 23...I set most of this up from my iphone using TAPATALK. Correction to be made  :you_rock:

spur collector

Nice looking collection, Congrats.

Gus_13

Great looking guns. I love the bottomlands camo. I was thinking about a Browning for an auto. I haven't had one for quite a while. Slight preference to pumps but I'm getting out of it ha ha. I need one to double for ducks.
Strut. Gobble. Die.

rempumpman

A great gathering of feather slayers..congrats; I can't imagine a 49 state slam; I am just now getting around to getting the grand slam but I will try doing it with a bow; that alone is going to be extremely tough; hope you nothing but the best of luck; thanks for sharing your bird collectors; mighty fine for sure.
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

ncturkey

Cool turkey killers. what kind of scope is on your middle shotgun?