turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

So How Many Here Plan On Hitting The Black Friday Sales

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, November 21, 2011, 02:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Just out of curiosity how many plan on fighting the crowds on Black Friday just to save a some bucks?  I sometimes wonder if it is all worth it.  Yea there are some good sells to get you in the stores, but I find myself asking is it really worth it once I do go.  How many feel the same way.  It's crazy trying to get around a Walmart during this event or any store that packs in the people typically.  So tell us if you plan on taking on the crowds just to save some money.  I haven't made up my mind yet.  I have seen all the ads via the internet that I care to see.  I wasn't really all that impressed.  Your thoughts as well or anything else you care to mention.  

Brad

ILIKEHEVI-13

And please drive safe and be polite towards other if you do plan on attending the Black Friday Sales.  And yes that goes for me as well. 

stone road turkey calls

You know they should put these retailers in prison, or at least lay them down in frount of the door when it's opened. the sale says 52" flat screen tvs $299.00 they have 3 at each store and 500 people waiting to get one at each store. you are not going to get one but they done there job your in the store and probably going to buy something, this bait and switch is a bunch of bs. we have our shoping done before thanksgiving it's much more plesant no crowds.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Old Gobbler

I do it every year now - Man I seen some crazy stuff go down , some places are like a slam pit

Walmart is starting to get their act together with the black Friday sales , years before it was dangerous ,now they have the items spread out in the store to avoid a potential trampling - still some freaks show up , last year I watched them arrest this lady and drag her out the store for just  cutting in line -

Be careful of thieves that break into cars , if you buy something pricey take it home, then go to the next store - Down at my mall there is a gang of guys that follow folks around after they leave the Apple store and break into the trunk of your car for laptops etc...

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

a-j calls

I missed it for 65 years now, and don't want to break my streak..

gobbler74

My wife has done the 2 a.m camp out in the past for stuff like home computer and such..I think she's passing this year. I will be hunting. The only thing black I want to see is a bear.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gob09

im not i get all anxiuos and jumpy when im in a big crowd would'nt take much for me to cause a heck of a disturbance

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: gobbler74 on November 21, 2011, 09:06:24 AM
My wife has done the 2 a.m camp out in the past for stuff like home computer and such..I think she's passing this year. I will be hunting. The only thing black I want to see is a bear.

:icon_thumright:

I went with my wife last year and got some electronics.  She loves it, me...   I plan to be hunting as well. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

MarkJM

I would love to go shopping with all the sales on hunting items but the crowds would make me crazy.
MuellerCustomCalls

bird

I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a hot rusty nail!

FANMAN

The only time I go shopping is when my wife is out of town and I'm hungry. :fire:
She does ALL the shopping for our household.

mossy835

Quote from: 2ounce6s on November 21, 2011, 10:40:09 AM
I'd rather be beaten with a ball bat and have a tooth pulled. I do chuckle at the overflowing walmart parking lot at 5AM as I drive down the interstate heading to the woods though.

I have to agree and at least you know where the crazies are for a change.

Dixie Whistler

It is depressing to go into walmart any day of the year. That day would be worse yet.  I do plan on hitting the tree stand and seeing a buck or two there.

mnturkey

I plan on stopping at my daughters to pickup a bed then take the bed to the hunting cabin and the old dog and I will see about a phesant and then make some venison sausage.
SEMPER FI