OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rules for Turkey Hunting

Started by CASH, November 20, 2011, 09:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

I went of a deer drive yesterday at an old school hunting club in West Alabama.  Just inside the door to the club house this was framed and hanging on the wall.  It was written by Corky Pugh.  After reading it, I had to take pics, because it is all too true.

Rules for Turkey Hunting

The Weatherman is a No-Good, Rotten, Low-Down, Lying S.O.B.
If  he says it's going to be cloudly, rainy, windy, or foggy, it will be clear as a bell and still as a tomb at daybreak.  If and only if, you sleep in.  In meteorology school, there is a required course, Principles of Mass Deception 101.

Jolly's Axiom - "Must be Present to Win"
You can't kill them if you're at home on the couch.

The Law of Landlines Inversely Proportionate
The more property you have to hunt, the closer the turkeys will be to the landlines.  If you have 4,000 acres to hunt on, all the turkeys on your property will be roosted within 40 yeards of the landline.

Murphy's Law2
What can go wrong, will go wrong.  Squared.

Two's Company - Three's a Crowd Multiplier Effect.
Two people are four times as hard to hide as one.
Three people are nine times as hard to hide as one.

The Pendulum Always Swings Back.
If you had a great season last year, you have hell to pay this year.  Brace yourself.

Boyd's Law of Entomology.
Bugs will gravitate to body orifices of the head and face directly proportionate to how close the turkey is to you.  A bull gnat crawling in the corner of your right eye as you aim carefully at the turkey is only ok for left handed shooters.

You Can't Compete with the Real Thing
If you're in the bushes talking about something that's standing beside him, he's not coming over by the bushes -unless Jezebel the exotic dancer does.

The Most Important Rule of All

If in Doubt, Don't.
If you wonder whether you should call or move or get closer or he's close enough to shoot, don't

There are Two Acceptable Outcomes

"We amicably agreed to split our assests down the middle and parted company"

"We consummated the relationship, and I let him ride in my pickup truck"
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

drenalinld

Well written. Thanks for sharing.

Hognutz

That is good stuff, right there. That little article says it all. Thanks for making my day..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

catdaddy

hookedspur

Ha Ha I can relate to most if not all.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

T-town

Funniest thing of all, C.A.S.H. forgot to mention he missed a one big buck twice, or two big bucks once each. Rough huntin with in-laws ain't it bro.  :toothy12:

CASH

Quote from: T-town on November 20, 2011, 10:30:11 PM
Funniest thing of all, C.A.S.H. forgot to mention he missed a one big buck twice, or two big bucks once each. Rough huntin with in-laws ain't it bro.  :toothy12:

you suck
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

chatterbox

Quote from: CASH on November 21, 2011, 12:30:05 AM
Quote from: T-town on November 20, 2011, 10:30:11 PM

you suck
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

longspur