OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fall turkey hunt with a Pellet gun

Started by TRKYHTR, September 27, 2011, 11:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

A buddy and I killed a double on fall turkeys in 2008. I posted this many years ago and then youtube deleted it because there was something wrong with my account. So I downloaded it again on youtube. Here is a 15 minute clip from 45 minutes of video. I tried to cut out as much as I could but there was soo much good video it still came out over 15 minutes. I'm sure you'll enjoy all of these turkeys. There is over 100 in all and many more that were not on camera.

TRKYHTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R4qwSl7u2A

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Houndstooth Game Calls

GOOD GOSH you sure you live in CA. Joe!!!! If we had a fall turkey season and fields with a 100 turkeys I would be worthless would vow to never pick up a deer rifle again!!! On top of that a freaking pellet rifle never even had a clue people killed birds with pellet rifles!! I think I am gonna move to CA!!! :fud: :newmascot: Very Cool clip! :welcomeOG: :icon_thumright:

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

vaturkey

Joe

That was awesome !! What kind of pellet rifle kills a turkey stone dead like that ? That first turkey looked like a house fell on him ! Great video !!

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Crappiepro

Cool video! Thats really cool how they didnt spook to bad after the shots. I'd like to try that, I just dont think the Daisey Red Rider I still have from when I was a kid will get the job done like that one did LOL!! Those pellet guns sure have came along way LOL!!

drenalinld

Great video Joe! Now I have to break it to the wife I'm moving to CA. :you_rock: :you_rock:

mossy835

Nice video and I believe the power of a good pellet rifle at reasonable range. I have a Gamo and with the special pellets it is wicked. Is both the .177 and the .22 legal?

socalturkeyman

LOL great video Joe.
Mossy: This is the first year we can use the .177 cal for turkey hunting.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

TRKYHTR

It's been .22 cal since they legalized it. I did not know they changed it to .177 this year. Thanks,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Hognutz

That was very cool. Thanks for sharing that, Joe..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

turkey slayer

socalturkeyman

Joe they just changed it and the regs are up,if you haven't looked them up. I was siked since I can get on two to three ranch in the san diego area with a pellet gun. The .22 was a bit expensive for me to just go get one. And I already have a nice .177 that my dad bought a few years back. Im just a bit worried on how powerfull it will be. It shoots I think about 1100fps,we've been testing the crap out of it. But I still for some reason have my doubts.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

mossy835

Quote from: socalturkeyman on September 29, 2011, 06:38:51 PM
Joe they just changed it and the regs are up,if you haven't looked them up. I was siked since I can get on two to three ranch in the san diego area with a pellet gun. The .22 was a bit expensive for me to just go get one. And I already have a nice .177 that my dad bought a few years back. Im just a bit worried on how powerfull it will be. It shoots I think about 1100fps,we've been testing the crap out of it. But I still for some reason have my doubts.
Try the non lead pellets they are faster and will do the job (yes they are more expensive but not that bad) I had 50 free when I bought my .177 and they will make a dent in the bullet trap where the lead will not. Just my experience but I hope it works for you.

new2turkey

Quote from: mossy835 on September 29, 2011, 06:47:31 PM
Quote from: socalturkeyman on September 29, 2011, 06:38:51 PM
Try the non lead pellets they are faster and will do the job (yes they are more expensive but not that bad) I had 50 free when I bought my .177 and they will make a dent in the bullet trap where the lead will not. Just my experience but I hope it works for you.

The issue I and many others have had with the Raptor PBA pellets you are speaking of above is that they are really unreliable with fps and they tend to be less accurate. Lots of flyers. This is just my experience, and from reading online seems to be the vast majority of other airgunners.

mossy835

Wow that is the first I had heard of the flyer's and I do not doubt you. My experience has been as below with both hollow point lead and the Raptor PBA from a .177 Gamo at about 35 feet using a rest. Now I am no expert but they do a number on field rats as I shot many last year.