turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Owl Hooters

Started by harvester, February 15, 2011, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

What kind do you have? Is it a reed or what? Do you think one made of wood is better than the same one made of plastic?

I have both, one is the primos with the three black holes and the other is palmers hoot tube (plastic model). I think the palmers is the better of the two. Has anybody had any experience with the harrison hoot n stick?

:fud: :newmascot: :newmascot:

mfd1027

I'm a sucker for wooden call's but I use a plastic one.  It's an old Primos that I've had for at least 10-15 yrs.  It was one of the first reed style calls and the reed in it is made of metal.  I can't give it up.   I've got several others including a Hoot Flute but none of em have unseated my old Primos.    That thing "rocks"!!!  :you_rock: :z-winnersmiley:
Dan

gob09

i need to get one myself i have a plastic one not sure where it is kaitlyn picks it up and use's it and i can't find it

turkeybow

I have a few cheap ones but I hardly ever use them since I hoot with my voice
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

unclerick

I have a Mad wooden reeded owl call, but I think it's a little high pitched.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

ElkTurkMan

I had a Palmers Hute Tube that I really liked but I lost it last spring.  I replaced it with a Knight & Hale Mark Prudhome, (Ihope I prounced the name right) hooter.  It seems to do the trick.   

harvester

Quote from: gob09 on February 15, 2011, 07:31:30 PM
i need to get one myself i have a plastic one not sure where it is kaitlyn picks it up and use's it and i can't find it

I am in the same boat, just about have to buy a new owl and crow every year because the boys like to play with them. Seems like I am going to have to start buying 4 of everything,  :TooFunny: just so I can keep one to hunt with. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

gob09

Quote from: harvester on February 16, 2011, 07:02:20 AM

I am in the same boat, just about have to buy a new owl and crow every year because the boys like to play with them. Seems like I am going to have to start buying 4 of everything,  :TooFunny: just so I can keep one to hunt with. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
:TooFunny:
dustin you have some fine looking boy's wish i had had a few

harvester

Quote from: gob09 on February 16, 2011, 07:24:27 AM
Quote from: harvester on February 16, 2011, 07:02:20 AM

:TooFunny:
dustin you have some fine looking boy's wish i had had a few

It aint NEVER to late to start. :icon_thumright:

t_eagen13

I got a custom Hook's Harrison Hooter for this spring and love it. I always carried the Palmer's Hoot tube but this one sounds more realistic and is easier to blow I think. Can't wait to try it out!

harvester

Quote from: t_eagen13 on February 22, 2011, 09:45:17 PM
I got a custom Hook's Harrison Hooter for this spring and love it. I always carried the Palmer's Hoot tube but this one sounds more realistic and is easier to blow I think. Can't wait to try it out!

Had a friend pic me one up at the convention in nashville over the weekend. palmers will be given to the boys to play with. :z-guntootsmiley:

mossybird

Hoot flute. doesnt sound too realistic but im looking at a Harrison. $50 for a hooter is up there.

t_eagen13

Maybe that's why my girlfriend was angry I spent so much on turkey calls instead of more stuff for her on Valentine's Day, whoops!  ??? Just kiddin(kinda)

Quote from: mossybird on February 22, 2011, 09:48:45 PM
Hoot flute. doesnt sound too realistic but im looking at a Harrison. $50 for a hooter is up there.

harvester

You can get the synthetic for less than 30. Sounds great. I asked what the differece was between the synthetic and wood. Nothing other than personal preference.

t_eagen13

Yep, what he said. As a matter of fact Scott(owner of Hook's) told me he carried the synthetic because it sounds the same and he doesn't want to take the chance of losing one of the wood versions. I got a custom boctote owl hooter and crow call to match just because I like the way they look and don't plan on buying any more for a while. But if you're not wanting a custom or wood version, the synthetic is a great alternative. It sounds the exact same and is easier on the wallet. That's why they have 3 different hooters at different prices to suit everyones preferences for what they're willing to spend.

Quote from: harvester on February 22, 2011, 10:05:28 PM

You can get the synthetic for less than 30. Sounds great. I asked what the differece was between the synthetic and wood. Nothing other than personal preference.