OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nitro turkey loads

Started by opster246, August 31, 2011, 07:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opster246

I keep reading how much guys like Nitro turkey loads.  Are these Remington turkey loads or some other manufacturer?  Did a google search and found a Nitro Company but curious if it is the Remington Nitro's that have the big following.  Thanks

drenalinld

Most are referring to handloads from Nitro Company.

opster246

That's what I thought might be the case!  Is it this company?

http://www.nitrocompany.com/

Thanks

OLE RASPY

I believe Drenalinld is right they are talking bout the handloaing company nitro.I have shot the remington nitros and they didnt pattern very well.

drenalinld

Quote from: opster246 on August 31, 2011, 08:45:11 PM
That's what I thought might be the case!  Is it this company?

http://www.nitrocompany.com/

Thanks
That's the one. I shoot them some. You should know some have tested pretty high on pressure and several folks have had hulls stick in the chamber and not eject which is a sign of high pressure. That said, a lot of guys shoot them and get impressive results. I would try the Hevishot first. They are much cheaper and do great for many setups. Also the Xtended Range Winchesters are bad medicine for turkeys.

opster246

Thanks!  I like the Winchester Supreme 3.5" #5s - mostly because of the price and I have had no problems with turkeys @ 40-45 yds.  I bought a box of 3.5" #6 Hevi-shot this spring in case I hunted a refuge in Kansas that required non-toxic, but ended up filling out before I hunted there.  Guess I'll stick to what works for me so far.  Thanks again!! :z-guntootsmiley:

gob09

i really like the win. extended range #6's
i believe they are a little bit cheaper also

hwy419

There is a place here in Birmingham that sells them. You can get them 12GA 3.5", 2 7/16oz.  :lol: Like taking a tank to a knife fight.

gobble157

Those are great shells and you won't be disappointed.
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

Gobble!

Nitro Company shells are probably the best patterning shells in the market.

paradis1142

The heavishot loads are gaining quite the following as well,  and much cheaper.

ElkTurkMan

I've never tried the Nitro company shells, but I can honestly say that I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them.  Everyone I know that shoots them swears by them.   With that said though,  I shoot the Hevi13's they are plenty good for me and cheaper. 

timberjack86

I love the remington nitro 5s it really puts them down.

Javi

Those shells are awesome but hard to find. Lately i have some problems with them, the sealant that is at the exit of the shell is coming loose.

gaswamp

Quote from: Hawken on January 06, 2012, 11:46:47 AM
I've never tried the Nitro company shells, but I can honestly say that I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them.  Everyone I know that shoots them swears by them.   With that said though,  I shoot the Hevi13's they are plenty good for me and cheaper. 

I just wish their customer service was better