turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Deer hunt (pic heavy)

Started by TRKYHTR, August 23, 2011, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Had a great time hunting deer in the high country. We started out at 7500' and went up to 11,000. We came across this old cabin at 10,200'. It says Belfort CA 1880. We took a few pics. Here is a few pics of the high country as well. Eastern slopes of the sierras are beautiful. I also killed a nice little firked horn buck yesterday with my bow. 24 yards quartering away hard. Hit him back pretty far but it came out the opposite side of his neck. He went 70 yards and piled up. I'm beat. Those mountains kicked my butt.

TRKYHTR

Thought you might like a better look of this tree. It makes me look small.

This ones for Catdaddy.
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

stone road turkey calls

thanks for the pics, enjoyed them very much.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

drenalinld

Great pics, Joe! Looks like fun. I'm not sure there's enough oxygen for me at that elevation. :lol: Congrats on the high country bow kill! :z-guntootsmiley:

savduck

Georgia Boy

clarksvalley

Bonjour

Man that sure is pretty country. Congrats on the deer, now go get some rest.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Dang 10000 &11000 feet makes this lower Alabama flat lander I am want to puke!!!! Kudos to you on the kill that looks like some tough hunting!!! The only thing that that's nice about a mountain is the walk down!! Heck of a job Trkyhntr!! :icon_thumright:

CASH

Great pics Joe.  Love those old historic cabins like that.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: CASH on August 24, 2011, 12:33:19 AM
Great pics Joe.  Love those old historic cabins like that.

Ditto

FullChoke

Joe, what town were you near in the Sierras? I loved hunting those mountains.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Roostem33

Great pics, looks like a great trip!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

GobbleNut

Great pictures, Joe.  ...And congrats on the buck.
...You know you're up there when there is still snow on the ground in the middle of August!

anthonyjhallen

Way to go Joe, and a fist pump to boot.   :happy0064:

TRKYHTR

Quote from: FullChoke on August 24, 2011, 07:46:52 AM
Joe, what town were you near in the Sierras? I loved hunting those mountains.

We were near Bridgeport off of Hwy 395.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

LX_Trkyhntr

Great pics Joe!!  I love the pics of the old cabin!  Just imagine how hard life was when that cabin was built!!  Tough livin right there!!

Congrats on the buck!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i