Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

_____________________________A/T Truck Tire Recommendations?

Started by gatrapper, August 15, 2011, 10:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I need a new set of 31x10.5-15 for my Toyota Tacoma. 

At the moment I have BFG A/Ts.  Like the tire, but a hair pricey.

What are some good brands that have good A/T tires that aren't as $$$
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

stinkpickle

Nitto Terra Grapplers - I used to run BFG AT's, which threw gravel like crazy, so I decided to try out the Nitto's.  They'll do anything the BFG's did, and slip even less on wet pavement.  Some people complain about their treadlife, but I've had no problem with that...over 40k miles on my current set.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

fallsflight

stinkpickle

Around here, DuraTrac's are more expensive than BFG AT's.  Now, that might be different if you happen to live fairly close to Tuscaloosa...  ;)

CASH

Quote from: stinkpickle on August 15, 2011, 12:44:48 PM
Around here, DuraTrac's are more expensive than BFG AT's.  Now, that might be different if you happen to live fairly close to Tuscaloosa...  ;)

:toothy12:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Deputy 14

bird

Quote from: stinkpickle on August 15, 2011, 12:44:48 PM

I live further away from Tuscaloosa then you and I really like my Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors.

Reloader

I'm running Cooper ZEON LTZ A/Ts on my GMC.  They are a little more aggressive than BFGs, so they impact fuel economy a bit more.  They are good looking tires for sure.

Check out Discount Tire Direct and Tire Rack for the best prices.

drenalinld

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Ol'Mossy

OLE RASPY

Good post.
Does any company on the internet have free shipping?My buddy told me he had his shipped free through rough country,but i couldnt find no tires on there for me. I looked at discount tire direct and they have some great prices on all terrain tires but i click on shipping and its like $129 to ship to me for all 4 tires bringing the total to like $750 but its still cheaper than anyone around here.Im looking to buy all terrain tires for my tundra also.They are wanting anywhere from $875 to $1200 here. :begging:

sugarray

I am all for the Firestone Destination A/T as well.  Wife has a set on Explorer and I'll put a set on the Dakota this fall.  All tires are High, High, IMHO.  Around here in WV a lot of guys run Mastercraft Courser AT2 as well, but I can't find any reviews on the net for them.

Search it up on Tire Rack, look at the customer survey.  This is real life experience.