turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Osage burl.......

Started by Tarheel, July 08, 2024, 07:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

I don't know anyone who doesn't like osage for a trumpet yelper. There's plain yellow osage; then there's green mud-cured osage. Burl osage is talked about; but trying to buy burl osage is a challenge. For 30+ years I searched and tried to find a source for burl osage. My normal osage source says he gets some from time to time, but he only sells it to the list customers who get first dibs. I'm not on the list. But sometimes I am in the right place at the right time and a door of opportunity opens....and I did not hesitate. This is a really nice, exceptional-looking trumpet yelper. It went to a good home.....

Tarheel

Quote from: Tarheel on July 08, 2024, 07:46:22 PMI don't know anyone who doesn't like osage for a trumpet yelper. There's plain yellow osage; then there's green mud-cured osage. Burl osage is talked about; but trying to buy burl osage is a challenge. For 30+ years I searched and tried to find a source for burl osage. My normal osage source says he gets some from time to time, but he only sells it to the list customers who get first dibs. I'm not on the list. But sometimes I am in the right place at the right time and a door of opportunity opens....and I did not hesitate. This is a really nice, exceptional-looking trumpet yelper. It went to a good home.....

Greg Massey

Good looking Osage for sure... Beautiful

davisd9

Beautiful call Mr. Breedlove! I know it is a turkey killing call!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

NYturkey

That's a stunner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tgilbert

outdoornut

I would love osage like that!

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Will

turkey stew

That is one mighty fine Osage horn Marvin! Glad to see you on the lathe again!

GregGwaltney

Yeah, very cool looking piece of wood.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

War Nock

Yep that is absolutely beautiful !!!!! :drool:
Jesus
Its better to know him before you meet him.
Stop ,drop, n roll will not work in hell
        (unknown)

EZ

Wow Mr. Marvin!!! That's a whole new look for Osage. Love it!!!

tal

If they don't like Hedge Apple they ain't worth knowing....  :TooFunny:

Woodleyrd

Tarheel

Quote from: EZ on July 09, 2024, 10:00:53 AMWow Mr. Marvin!!! That's a whole new look for Osage. Love it!!!

EZ, that wasn't anywhere near the nicest blank in the box...but now I have to figure out what I did with the box. It's around here somewhere, but it's hiding pretty good.....LOL!!! My forgetting where I put something to know where I can find it is getting worse.......