News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Osage burl.......

Started by Tarheel, July 08, 2024, 07:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notsoyoungturk

Love that grain on the burl
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

LMO

Tarheel

So a little publicity is a good thing....'cause I received a message today one of my FB friends has some osage burl wanting to know if I had interest. Of course I have interest.  As always, sometimes it's not what you know, but who you know. Maybe I can hit the osage burl jackpot again and get some nice osage burl blanks.

Gobbler428

callmakerman

Quote from: Tarheel on July 08, 2024, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: Tarheel on July 08, 2024, 07:46:22 PMI don't know anyone who doesn't like osage for a trumpet yelper. There's plain yellow osage; then there's green mud-cured osage. Burl osage is talked about; but trying to buy burl osage is a challenge. For 30+ years I searched and tried to find a source for burl osage. My normal osage source says he gets some from time to time, but he only sells it to the list customers who get first dibs. I'm not on the list. But sometimes I am in the right place at the right time and a door of opportunity opens....and I did not hesitate. This is a really nice, exceptional-looking trumpet yelper. It went to a good home.....
Crazy stuff going on in that wood and it's all good. Congrats to the new owner.

Zobo

Love that, gnarly character, one of a kind, nice work!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

fishr64

She's a beauty Mr Marvin!