turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No Northeastern Call Makers Summit Anymore

Started by Sir-diealot, June 19, 2024, 02:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Sorry to say I spoke with Pete online and he said there would be no more Northeastern Call Makers Summit anymore. Really sucks because it was the only show in the area and I have absolutely ZERO interest whatsoever in Nashville and not much interest in traveling to GA either not that I could afford to go to either anyway. Of the two Unicoi would be the choice if I did go to one as it is smaller and I hate crowds.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

davisd9

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 19, 2024, 02:02:14 AMSorry to say I spoke with Pete online and he said there would be no more Northeastern Call Makers Summit anymore. Really sucks because it was the only show in the area and I have absolutely ZERO interest whatsoever in Nashville and not much interest in traveling to FL either not that I could afford to go to either anyway. Of the two Unicoi would be the choice if I did go to one as it is smaller and I hate crowds.

What show is in Florida?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

NYturkey

Quote from: davisd9 on June 19, 2024, 06:34:14 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 19, 2024, 02:02:14 AMSorry to say I spoke with Pete online and he said there would be no more Northeastern Call Makers Summit anymore. Really sucks because it was the only show in the area and I have absolutely ZERO interest whatsoever in Nashville and not much interest in traveling to FL either not that I could afford to go to either anyway. Of the two Unicoi would be the choice if I did go to one as it is smaller and I hate crowds.

What show is in Florida?
I was wondering the same thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

Is there a reason there wont be a Northeastern Call Makers Summit? 

slicksbeagles1

Here's one in Florida

Florida Wild Turkey Extravaganza Sports Show. It is on Facebook but I do not think they have a website. It is held at TrueHeart Ranch in Webster, FL the first Saturday in February each year.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Turkeybutt on June 19, 2024, 09:05:47 AMIs there a reason there wont be a Northeastern Call Makers Summit? 

Not enough participation

Sir-diealot

What show is in Florida?

Unicoi I thought? Edit: Just looked and it is in GA my mistake, sorry about that.

Quote from: NYturkey on June 19, 2024, 07:45:26 AM

What show is in Florida?
I was wondering the same thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Unicoi was in FL?  Edit: Just looked and it is in GA my mistake, sorry about that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeybutt on June 19, 2024, 09:05:47 AMIs there a reason there wont be a Northeastern Call Makers Summit? 
Not enough interest, the one two years ago was sparse compared to the previous ones which I think was because we were just coming off Covid and I think last year there were some scheduling difficulties. I wish he would try one more year but I understand. Only place I got to be around any turkey hunters, none of my friends are what I would call turkey hunters, just those that hunt turkey and there is a big difference!

John Koenig:

slicksbeagles1

slicksbeagles1

Unicoi is in Helen Georgia at Unicoi State Park and Lodge

davisd9

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on June 19, 2024, 09:20:00 AMHere's one in Florida

Florida Wild Turkey Extravaganza Sports Show. It is on Facebook but I do not think they have a website. It is held at TrueHeart Ranch in Webster, FL the first Saturday in February each year.

Was not aware of this one, thanks
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeybutt

Like you I think he should give in one more shot, maybe at a better venue. Advertise it better and do a better job scheduling if that was one of the issues.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeybutt on June 19, 2024, 04:34:04 PMLike you I think he should give in one more shot, maybe at a better venue. Advertise it better and do a better job scheduling if that was one of the issues.
The venue is perfect in my mind, last year it started off on a Friday then was moved to Saturday about a month and a half out which messed up a lot of people's plans, attendees and call makers alike. I could not go because the change conflicted with my foot surgery.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on June 19, 2024, 12:23:34 PMUnicoi is in Helen Georgia
Thanks, I was corrected but it was hard to do edit it on my phone, I will correct it now that I am on my PC

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on June 19, 2024, 12:29:23 PMUnicoi is in Helen Georgia at Unicoi State Park and Lodge

Thanks, I was corrected but it was hard to do edit it on my phone, I will correct it now that I am on my PC

John Koenig: