OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for a quality chest pack. Any recommendations?

Started by jrthornton73, June 03, 2024, 05:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrthornton73

I'm looking for a quality chest pack to run and gun.  Any recomendations? 

NYturkey

Marsupial gear or FHF would be my two choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

I modified an Alaskan Guide Denali by having a local seamstress put striker loops inside and it works for me. I can add a box call pocket as needed.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

compton30

x2 for the AGC Denali chest pack. I've had mine for 6-7 years now with zero issues.

joey46

Got an e mail this morning from a Knight and Hale site.  They're having a Father's Day sale on a few items. 

wareagle22

Outdoor Vision Turkey Pro is what I use.  It's a great rig. 

Tom007

Quote from: wareagle22 on June 04, 2024, 10:15:22 AMOutdoor Vision Turkey Pro is what I use.  It's a great rig. 

X2 here, very well thought out...

Gooserbat

Quote from: wareagle22 on June 04, 2024, 10:15:22 AMOutdoor Vision Turkey Pro is what I use.  It's a great rig. 

That's also a good option
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WV Flopper

I run an Alaskan Guide binos harness, Denali. I also have two of they're range finder pockets up front on each side.

In the back I have they're water bladder in a pack. It holds snack and a strap to carry turkeys.

WV Flopper

Back and front photos

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

Hook hanger

Most of the chest packs I see stick out so much I have too wonder if its even possible to switch to shoot left handed. Do any of you guys that wear them think it would hinder a person to switch to their off side?

10th Legionaire

Just a heads up; This thread got me shopping and I revisited the Alaskan Guide website this morning. They are have a 15% off sale for Fathers Day.

I pulled the trigger on a Ravus pack. I think it will be a good compliment to my Sitka turkey tool belt not a dedicated hunting pack.
Less is more

BDeal

Marsupial or FHF. Some of these chest packs are massive.

NYturkey

Quote from: BDeal on June 05, 2024, 01:13:55 PMMarsupial or FHF. Some of these chest packs are massive.
Same thing I said. These two companies, and Alaskan Guide, specialize is chest packs. I have tried cheaper chest packs and bino harnesses and they never are as comfortable as the specialized brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Fahs