OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for a quality chest pack. Any recommendations?

Started by jrthornton73, June 03, 2024, 05:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Quote from: 10th Legionaire on June 05, 2024, 11:54:34 AMJust a heads up; This thread got me shopping and I revisited the Alaskan Guide website this morning. They are have a 15% off sale for Fathers Day.

I pulled the trigger on a Ravus pack. I think it will be a good compliment to my Sitka turkey tool belt not a dedicated hunting pack.

It depends on how you fit the pack to yourself.  I personally wear mine lower than it's probably intended for that reason.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

NYturkey

Quote from: Hook hanger on June 05, 2024, 01:37:17 AMMost of the chest packs I see stick out so much I have too wonder if its even possible to switch to shoot left handed. Do any of you guys that wear them think it would hinder a person to switch to their off side?
I wear them on the low side and would have no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Has anyone ever looked at T&K hunting gear?Veteran owned business. Made in USA.

Bottomland OG

Quote from: Roost 1 on June 05, 2024, 09:40:42 PMHas anyone ever looked at T&K hunting gear?Veteran owned business. Made in USA.
Quote from: Roost 1 on June 05, 2024, 09:40:42 PMHas anyone ever looked at T&K hunting gear?Veteran owned business. Made in USA.
I have a pair of their leg gators and really like them.

WV Flopper

When I go too killing mode I unbuckle top left corner strap and bottom left corner strap on my rig.

That gives me full movement and also ability to switch to my off hand "Right hand".

In rough terrain I do not like looking over my pack to see my feet and where I am stepping! My personal biggest pet peav.

Gooserbat

Quote from: WV Flopper on June 06, 2024, 10:02:59 PMWhen I go too killing mode I unbuckle top left corner strap and bottom left corner strap on my rig.

That gives me full movement and also ability to switch to my off hand "Right hand".

In rough terrain I do not like looking over my pack to see my feet and where I am stepping! My personal biggest pet peav.

I presume you don't have a gut
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WV Flopper

LOL. Oh yeah, I have a big gut. Actually makes the chest pack stick out even further. Hence the walking on rough terrain challenges.

In case your wondering, AGC offers extension straps in case your round.

slicksbeagles1

T&K good quality I have there leg gaiters also Give them a call and talk to Tyler or Keith they own the company Really nice people

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 07, 2024, 09:53:36 AM
Quote from: WV Flopper on June 06, 2024, 10:02:59 PMWhen I go too killing mode I unbuckle top left corner strap and bottom left corner strap on my rig.

I presume you don't have a gut

Mines not a gut. It's a shelf my chest pack rests on.  :funnyturkey:

I like the striker loop idea Sam.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

10th Legionaire

I was on a fishing trip for the last week and a half and when I got home my AGC Ravus pack was waiting on me.

Nice construction, fits me well. I don't think the little accessory pouch will see much use by me. It's a nice piece but not something I think I'll use. I used the pouch that came with my Vortex range finder for it and early testing it should work fine.

The finish is more "finished" looking than the FHF box call pouch I have FWIW
Less is more

aclawrence

Hill People Gear make great chest packs. They're not made for turkey hunting but I have one I use it all the time. Sometimes I will take it over a vest if I'm walking a long ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk