OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone hunted in Tingley or Lite boots?

Started by Tail Feathers, February 28, 2024, 12:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

Never mind my question, It was a senior moment. He has Lems shoes not lite

cwhitfield96

If you don't kneed calf high boots I really like my Schnees. Company out of Montana who makes awesome boots. Only lace up boots I have worn that are truly waterproof.

Old Swamper

Quote from: cwhitfield96 on February 29, 2024, 08:18:30 PM
If you don't kneed calf high boots I really like my Schnees. Company out of Montana who makes awesome boots. Only lace up boots I have worn that are truly waterproof.
Looking at these Lite Boots. How rugged are they. Do they puncture or rip easy

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Old  ;DSwamper on February 29, 2024, 08:26:59 PM
They puncture fairly easy according to reviewers.  They kind of self seal on small punctures.  I went with the Tingleus based on this thread and other reviews.  Should have them when FedEx decides I need them.  ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

cwhitfield96

I am not familiar with the lites. But Schnees makes mountain boots, I have the timberlines which are one of their most flexible ones. They have great support and are very durable.

Howie g

I'm enjoying the Chenes rubber boots so far . They fit my hi instep feet better than other rubber boots I've tried . The side zippers make them easy to get on / off . Very expensive for rubber boots though .

Yoder409

Quote from: bwhana on February 28, 2024, 09:12:35 AM
The Tingleys I have are like crocs material and super light, but the top is stiff and a little awkward unless your pants are stuffed down in the top - make a clomping sound against your shins.

Also, if you have any foot problems (plantar fasciitis), they offer zero support so buy a size big enough to put in Superfeet or other orthotics.

I stepped on a huge bramble briar and the thorn came through the sole just enough to hit the sole of my foot without an insole in it, so you have to use a little caution there. A decent size snake can bit through them too.

ALL of this.

Tingleys and Northerners, both.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

kytrkyhntr

I walked into the convention in 2023 with Brooks Tinsley, the lite boots owner. We had a great convo about turkeys and hunting and he mentioned that he was actually going in to sell his boots ect. He was a nice guy and I never made it to his booth to catch up. Fast forward to 2024 I walk up to his booth at the convention he remembers my name and we catch up... him remembering my name and being so nice paired with the fact that the boots were extremely light made me decide to give him some money. I have scouted in them 1 time and wore them doing random things and they have held up well and are comfy so far. Will try them this season
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

dzsmith

I have both. I don't hunt in them. I prefer the tingleys over the lite boots. For a couple of reasons. First and foremost, depending on where you buy them the tingleys can be had for nearly 1/3 the price. Both are made in Mexico.Secondly the tingleys have a removable insole and yes that's a big deal, because without them your feed slide and it creates hot spots if you walk all day in them. Of course you could buy insoles for the lite boots but they are already 90 bucks. As far as hunting ... neither of the boots are ultimately gonna be super durable , if you are walking around in cutovers and areas like that expect a hole eventually. Just the nature of what they are made of . My lite boots didn't make it 1 year and had a gaping 1.5" hole in them. I will say though ... lite boots replaced those boots , I didn't ask them to , I posted a picture of them online on a post similar to this one and they reached out to me . So kudos to them for that. Prior to them replacing them I had also purchased the tingleys for a chore boot around the house , paid 35 bucks for them and have been pleased , however I will not be using them for hunting . These style boots are noisy , brush hitting the boots is very noisy , and traction is not great with them in steep terrain. Particular when descending steel hills because you cant dig in your heal when your heal is made of foam.... It just collapses. With that said the tingleys have more of a heal than a lite boot and the sole itself is slightly stiffer so it may be marginally better . Also these boots don't breathe so with long walking the sweat you create doesn't escape and.... Because the boot has no lining it isn't absorbed . They are warmer than unlined rubber boots but they aren't per say warm due to the inability to breathe . One big pro to these boots is how well they clean up ....the material doesn't hold mud like traditional rubber boots . I will continue to use the around the house , and perhaps on a short walk to a deer stand I may use them .... But they will not be a hunting boot for me . They are neat boots for sure , not bashing them.... I just have boots I like better for hunting .
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

dzsmith

Quote from: Old Swamper on February 29, 2024, 08:26:59 PM
yes they puncture easy
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."