OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone hunted in Tingley or Lite boots?

Started by Tail Feathers, February 28, 2024, 12:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Looks like FL will be wet next month so I'm looking for waterproof and lightweight boots.  Has anyone here used Tingley or Lite boots?  Which model and how did you like them for turkey hunting and all the walking? 

What's your recommendation?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ScottTaulbee

I have both. Lite boots get your feet hot and then as you walk they make that noise like you're pulling off a soaked boot every time you take a step. The Tingley boots are a lot better than lite boots in my opinion but they're also quite a bit shorter depending on size. In my size the Tingley were like 12" high vs 16" high on the lite boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parrot Head

I only have the Lite boots.  I switched from Lacrosse and like them better than the Lacrosse.  Very light weight.

King Cobra

I have a pair of Tingley's and Lite boots. The Tingley's fit my feet really well and can walk all morning with them. They also have a fairly aggressive tread for good traction. The Lite's are like Croc's, extremely light with an aggressive tread also. I use arch supports and different insoles to get the right fit. The lite boots come with just the boot, no insoles or anything else. Hope this helps.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

blake_08

I held the Lites and Tingleys and liked the Tingleys better. I haven't turkey hunted in them yet but I have deer hunted in them quite a bit and I like them. Mine does get squeaky as i wear them like another user said, but it's not terrible. I really like them and they are almost as light as a pair of socks.

bwhana

The Tingleys I have are like crocs material and super light, but the top is stiff and a little awkward unless your pants are stuffed down in the top - make a clomping sound against your shins.

Also, if you have any foot problems (plantar fasciitis), they offer zero support so buy a size big enough to put in Superfeet or other orthotics.

I stepped on a huge bramble briar and the thorn came through the sole just enough to hit the sole of my foot without an insole in it, so you have to use a little caution there. A decent size snake can bit through them too.

runngun

I have been wearing the Lites for the last two years. I turkey hunted in them with no issues, also wore them during our deer season. I wear them at least twice a day feeding up, cows, horses, dogs and GOATS !!!
My main turkey hunting boots are tall Lace up Chipewa snake boots. Now these are gold!!! And made in USA.
Also  just ordered my Mother in Law a pair of Lites for her to wear to the Dairy barn because when she saw mine she could not get over the weight. Keep in mind that she has been in the Dairy barn for 65 plus years. She is peculiar about her feet, she loves her Lites. When my wife called them I was surprised that they are located in West Point, Mississippi. I did not realize that.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tail Feathers

Thanks for the replies.  On sizing, I'm a 10.5 shoe in most everything.  Size up to 11 for an insole or down to 10 ?  Reading reviews of both it seems to be mixed on which way to go.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Tail Feathers on February 28, 2024, 10:55:14 AM
Thanks for the replies.  On sizing, I'm a 10.5 shoe in most everything.  Size up to 11 for an insole or down to 10 ?  Reading reviews of both it seems to be mixed on which way to go.
I wear a 10 in about every thing. I order the lite boots in 10 and if I'm not wearing a pretty thin sock it's a fight to get them on and takes 2 people to get them off

Kygobblergetter

I love my lite boots. Don't wear them every hunt but I've covered some serious ground in them

dublelung

If you have thick calves don't order the regular Lites, go with the bigger tops.

eggshell

Where do you buy lite boots. A buddy told me they're great but I can't find them

Tail Feathers

Quote from: eggshell on February 28, 2024, 12:15:06 PM
Where do you buy lite boots. A buddy told me they're great but I can't find them
The best price seems to be on Amazon.  They have a website too.

eggshell

I found the rubber boots, but my buddy has a pair of leather shoes/hunting boots he said are Lite Shoes. I can't find them

Parrot Head

Sign up to Lite mailing list I get emails about sales from them.   I go mine right from their web site.  I wear 15 and got 15 in the boot.   Great fit.