OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tethrd M2 vest

Started by Bowtie747, February 12, 2024, 07:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzler

Anyone know if they offer a mil/leo discount?

Bowtie747

How are you guys who own the best carrying your thermocells?

PottsieDeRock

For those of you that purchased the M2, were you satisfied with the storage space with the base setups (horizontal pouches)? I have my trusty Alpz Grand Slam for long setups and packing in more gear than I need. Interested in the M2 for those run and gun days but don't want to leave behind any essentials...a couple pot calls, a few strikers, shells, a pair of snips and room for the cell phone or a couple snacks.  Hard to tell from online pictures but the provided pouches should hold that much I assume?

slave601

I'm going to use the vertical pouches for snips, locator calls and probably a box call. Is there anywhere to run the vertical pouch besides on the waist behind you? I was wondering if you can put it on the vertical strap that runs down your chest to the waist belt.
"thinnin the flock"

PALongspur

Quote from: Bowtie747 on February 23, 2024, 01:04:03 PM

I carry mine clipped to the molle loops on the bird bag. Works great ????

dzsmith

Quote from: Dazzler on February 13, 2024, 08:26:25 AM
The sub par seat and lack of good way to carry a box call makes it a no go for me.

I'm also a bit turned off at their "only turkey vest made in the USA" advertisement. It remains on their site despite me pointing it out on a couple of occasions.
it's a copy of another "made in the USA vest" that was already in production. Or either they are making it for them.... It looks decent. Price doesn't bother me for what it is .... If somebody made exactly what I wanted in a turkey vest and it was u.s. made I'd buy it..... I'm still using an alps super elite 4.0 and have been ever since they released one in new bottomland , to replace my Russell super elite 3 . Super elites are the only vests I've personally used and the lay out is second nature for me and what I carry . I'm sure I'll upgrade one day...
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Dazzler on February 22, 2024, 06:40:36 PM
Anyone know if they offer a mil/leo discount?
From what I remember, yes they do. I would email Tethrd for the code

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rt0426

Quote from: PottsieDeRock on February 24, 2024, 05:07:17 PM
For those of you that purchased the M2, were you satisfied with the storage space with the base setups (horizontal pouches)? I have my trusty Alpz Grand Slam for long setups and packing in more gear than I need. Interested in the M2 for those run and gun days but don't want to leave behind any essentials...a couple pot calls, a few strikers, shells, a pair of snips and room for the cell phone or a couple snacks.  Hard to tell from online pictures but the provided pouches should hold that much I assume?

Yes, I was surprised.  I put everything I had from my old vest into the M2.  One pocket I have my box call, headlamp, stocking cap.  The other I have 3 strikers, two pot calls, 3-4 shells, my light gloves, and my mask.  I have not figured out where my phone is going to go yet, but im sure there will be plenty of space when I use the shell, gloves, hat, etc.  I may be able to slip the phone in the exterior pocket. 

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Bowtie747 on February 23, 2024, 01:04:03 PM

I bought a nomad pouch and some molle straps and perfect set up.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

tbowers

I got a M2 this week for my bday. With the seat not having the elastic straps anymore, how are you supposed to keep the seat tight when walking , and not have to adjust the straps to flip it down? If i have mine nice and tight against my body when walking, once i flip it , it sits up way to high on my body so I have to adjust both seat straps each time I sit down, and then once i flip it back to travel mode, tighten the straps back up.

All the videos you watch of the prior iteration that had elastic straps, that didnt appear to be an issue- they could sinch it tight for walking but could still flip it down to sit without adjusting the straps. I have no clue why they would have gotten rid of the elastic straps on it!

tbowers

I can answer part of my question above, I talked with Tethrd and they no longer have the elastic straps on the seat due to 'reasons of patenting'. I'm guessing some other vest co(Likley the cabelas speed seat?). had a patent on the elastic straps. They are going to send me some elastic straps to swap out however, so hopefully that fixes my issues.

Dazzler

Quote from: tbowers on May 24, 2024, 02:13:42 PMI can answer part of my question above, I talked with Tethrd and they no longer have the elastic straps on the seat due to 'reasons of patenting'. I'm guessing some other vest co(Likley the cabelas speed seat?). had a patent on the elastic straps. They are going to send me some elastic straps to swap out however, so hopefully that fixes my issues.
They've sent out enough cease and desist letters and have a patent guy. You'd think they'd know before getting to production.

tbowers

The elastic strap for the seat made all the difference in the world. Using the 'stock' rigid strap on the seat makes it so you need to adjust the straps every time you flip the seat down, and flip it back up. With the elastic strap, you dont need to adjust at all.

Its a pretty significant downside on the new vests IMO, although you can order elastic webbing on Amazon for a couple bucks, or do like I did and contact Tethrd, they sent it to me for free.

Rt0426

Quote from: tbowers on May 30, 2024, 09:50:39 AMThe elastic strap for the seat made all the difference in the world. Using the 'stock' rigid strap on the seat makes it so you need to adjust the straps every time you flip the seat down, and flip it back up. With the elastic strap, you dont need to adjust at all.

Its a pretty significant downside on the new vests IMO, although you can order elastic webbing on Amazon for a couple bucks, or do like I did and contact Tethrd, they sent it to me for free.

Thanks for the heads up!