OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tethrd M2 vest

Started by Bowtie747, February 12, 2024, 07:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowtie747

Just seeing what people's thoughts are here on this best. Yes ik the price is crazy. Don't really need to be reminded of that lolol anyways I just ordered one and I'm having second thoughts. The best layout looks perfect in my opinion though. Anyone have one? I've heard they updated the seat and it's not a user friendly anymore

Tomtom97

I got one around Christmas time and love it. It fits very well to you, weight is dispersed evenly to where it doesn't feel like you're wearing much or anything really, and materials feel sturdy/durable. I haven't had it out for turkeys, but I have taken it squirrel hunting and it felt great going up and down hills with it. The seat feels fine to me from what I've been able to tell, but haven't really gotten to really use it yet. I think you will enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flagobbler

I just carry too much crap into the woods. But, if you load out on the light side, that vest would be golden especially in the late season when it gets hot.

perrytrails

I picked one up, decided to send it back due to some poor stitching in the seat cover. I know that's petty in most people's minds but for the price unacceptable to me. They offered a replacement but I declined.
Main reason I did was the issues and recalls I had with their other products.

Really liked the layout and thought put into it. Just decided it wasn't for me.

Bowtie747

Quote from: perrytrails on February 12, 2024, 08:05:05 PM
I picked one up, decided to send it back due to some poor stitching in the seat cover. I know that's petty in most people's minds but for the price unacceptable to me. They offered a replacement but I declined.

Okay, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm in the boat that 300$ for a vest just seems crazy. I'm not complaining, just stating how I feel. I feel like since the price is so high everytime I see something negative I use it to fuel my thought to cancel the order. Do you think maybe the same thing happened to you? Like it's not that 300$ makes you hard up, it's just hard to shell it out for that specific item?

For instance I use a really expensive hang on tree stand since I do hang and hunts. I actually canceled the order once before finally going through with it. Ended up being some of the best money I've ever spent lol I bet companies hate dummies like me

Bowtie747

Quote from: Tomtom97 on February 12, 2024, 07:53:17 PM
I got one around Christmas time and love it. It fits very well to you, weight is dispersed evenly to where it doesn't feel like you're wearing much or anything really, and materials feel sturdy/durable. I haven't had it out for turkeys, but I have taken it squirrel hunting and it felt great going up and down hills with it. The seat feels fine to me from what I've been able to tell, but haven't really gotten to really use it yet. I think you will enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the shoulder straps stick closer to your neck leaving more room to shoukd a gun? Without the butt going over the strap of the the vest?

I was thinking I could use this vest, like you, for many other things. Upland hunting with a reduction of the seat and addition of the bird bag.

perrytrails

Many people like the vest and by no means make a decision based off my experience. It may be a great purchase and money well spent for you.
Tethrd makes some great equipment and I'm not trying to bash them in any way shape or form.

I'm guilty of being too picky sometimes, but imho more people should demand they get what they pay for. We all work hard for our money.

And as a side note, Tethrd's customer service was great imo.

mdmitchell

Quote from: Bowtie747 on February 12, 2024, 08:11:29 PM
Quote from: perrytrails on February 12, 2024, 08:05:05 PM

Okay, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm in the boat that 300$ for a vest just seems crazy. I'm not complaining, just stating how I feel. I feel like since the price is so high everytime I see something negative I use it to fuel my thought to cancel the order. Do you think maybe the same thing happened to you? Like it's not that 300$ makes you hard up, it's just hard to shell it out for that specific item?

For instance I use a really expensive hang on tree stand since I do hang and hunts. I actually canceled the order once before finally going through with it. Ended up being some of the best money I've ever spent lol I bet companies hate dummies like me
I'm sorry but $300 is nothing for something you'll use year after year. Look at the cost of quality backpacks like kifaru.

I think the turkey vest market has just been garbage for so long that we set the standard for cost at the junk Chinese vests made by everyone.

I for one am glad to see a boutique vest market popping up. It's long overdue and I'll pay for it without blinking an eye.

zelmo1

With all the things we have going on, we have decided to make our own vests. I love my Cabelas Tat'r 3 vest but they discontinued it of course. I will design it to be similar to that with my specific modifications. The materials arent cheap if you only buy a small amount, but the $$ and time will be well spent if we get it right. I figure the first one will be a " Frankenstein" and hopefully the second generation will be what we are looking for. Follow your gut and buy it if you like it. Z

Dazzler

The sub par seat and lack of good way to carry a box call makes it a no go for me.

I'm also a bit turned off at their "only turkey vest made in the USA" advertisement. It remains on their site despite me pointing it out on a couple of occasions. 

Burtwill

i used one all year last year. I loved it. Our season is hot and i walk a lot so i like a light vest with a water bladder. Seat was just fine for me.

PALongspur

I used mine hard through both spring and fall turkey seasons and found it to be darn near perfect for me. The box call thing wasn't an issue for me, I carried my longbox holster in the right side pocket of the bird bag. With everything cinched down I could pull the box out with one hand and put it back in without looking.

Just curious, what other vests are made here?

Dazzler

Quote from: PALongspur on February 13, 2024, 04:21:01 PM
I used mine hard through both spring and fall turkey seasons and found it to be darn near perfect for me. The box call thing wasn't an issue for me, I carried my longbox holster in the right side pocket of the bird bag. With everything cinched down I could pull the box out with one hand and put it back in without looking.

https://finalrise.com/products/summit-turkey-system

PALongspur

Quote from: Dazzler on February 13, 2024, 05:56:18 PM
Quote from: PALongspur on February 13, 2024, 04:21:01 PM

https://finalrise.com/products/summit-turkey-system

Ah yes, I remember them now. Thanks for posting ???? Like the looks of them also.

Matt76cmich

I really like the M2, but if the seat was more comfortable it would be a home run for me. I've been debating on seeing if I can move the seat from my Grounded vest to the M2.

For me having the waist belt is key. I hunt public 95% of the time and going in deep. Last spring I got to test it out with the turkey bag and it worked out perfect. Barely felt any weight on my shoulders.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk