turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tethrd M2 vest

Started by Bowtie747, February 12, 2024, 07:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowtie747

So far, this thing is sweet! I will say, heads up for anything looking at the vest now. They did change the seat up a little. The two exterior straps that connect the vest to the seat are now just straps. In the videos it's an elastics material. Or maybe I was misunderstanding. Anyways I changed where those two straps hookup to the vest and it's awesome. I actually like it better. Stays super tight while In transport.

I read somewhere of people calling people suckers for paying the price. I will say if it holds up for an amount of years it's well worth it. But time will tell. This thing fits my needs perfect. The ability to adjust it so much is awesome!

Rt0426

Quote from: Bowtie747 on February 14, 2024, 08:45:37 PM
So far, this thing is sweet! I will say, heads up for anything looking at the vest now. They did change the seat up a little. The two exterior straps that connect the vest to the seat are now just straps. In the videos it's an elastics material. Or maybe I was misunderstanding. Anyways I changed where those two straps hookup to the vest and it's awesome. I actually like it better. Stays super tight while In transport.

I read somewhere of people calling people suckers for paying the price. I will say if it holds up for an amount of years it's well worth it. But time will tell. This thing fits my needs perfect. The ability to adjust it so much is awesome!

Where did you move it to make it a tighter fit? 

I also thought the straps were going to be elastic like my Cabelas Tatr, but so far it still seems to work for me. 

Bowtie747

6 Molle rows back from the belt end, on the top row. Might even move it towards the belt 1 position. I just reach back, unclick both buckles and my seat flops down. Rides really good but not as handy as they made the seat out to be. Buttttt for me I think I actually like it better

slave601

I just looked on their website and the vertical pouches are out of stock. I'm seriously debating on buying one but id definitely have to have the vertical pouches. Makes no sense to have the vest yet not front storage
"thinnin the flock"

Bowtie747

Quote from: slave601 on February 16, 2024, 05:42:27 AM
I just looked on their website and the vertical pouches are out of stock. I'm seriously debating on buying one but id definitely have to have the vertical pouches. Makes no sense to have the vest yet not front storage

It comes with two horizontal pouches if you didn't know!

slave601

Quote from: Bowtie747 on February 16, 2024, 07:30:34 AM
Quote from: slave601 on February 16, 2024, 05:42:27 AM

It comes with two horizontal pouches if you didn't know!
I see that now! Thanks
"thinnin the flock"

Bowtie747

:welcomeOG:
Hehe so you just bought one right? I believe there on sale at tethrds website

runngun

For the ones who have these, do you buy it in parts and pieces? Or can you buy a straight up vest.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tomtom97

Quote from: runngun on February 16, 2024, 01:46:40 PM
For the ones who have these, do you buy it in parts and pieces? Or can you buy a straight up vest.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
You buy the whole set in parts and pieces, then you put it together how you like. You can also buy spare/extra parts and add them on where you want if you need more room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutfisher13111

My question is for the guys who have this vest with the hydration pack, if you have stuff in the backpack section is it still comfortable when leaning up against a tree?

Spitten and drummen

I have one and used it all last season. I really like it. I reached out to Glenda Green and she made me a really nice box call holder , a couple more pot call holders and a set of striker holders. She put Velcro on the back of the holders and I set the vest up. I am able to carry 4 pot calls and 6 strikers easily if I choose. Also the box call holder she made is heads above what came with the vest. The pocket need about an inch more on width to be perfect but my box fits in the vest. Tight but fits. I have 2 pouches for the back that can store extra stuff. I take them off when I don't want them very easily. I also have a grounded vest and will say that out of all the vest I have had and do own , these 2 are perfect for me. No regrets with either.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

slave601

Quote from: Rt0426 on February 15, 2024, 03:04:37 PM
Quote from: Bowtie747 on February 14, 2024, 08:45:37 PM

So does the seat still flip down while still being strapped and flip up or do you have to unhook the side traps to flip it down? This is the main reason I want this vest. I thought the seat was like the rng 200 vests

Where did you move it to make it a tighter fit? 

I also thought the straps were going to be elastic like my Cabelas Tatr, but so far it still seems to work for me.
"thinnin the flock"

Dazzler

How is everyone carrying their thermacell with this vest?  Short and/or long box?

Tomtom97

Quote from: Dazzler on February 22, 2024, 09:28:14 AM
How is everyone carrying their thermacell with this vest?  Short and/or long box?
I just got some molle cup holder attachments off of Amazon and put one on for a water bottle and the other for thermacell

slave601

Just pulled the trigger on it. Ordered the vest today
"thinnin the flock"