turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Osceola outfitter recommendations

Started by Upfold99, February 09, 2024, 12:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upfold99

Not something I would typically do, but I have a group of work colleagues that are looking to book an Osceola hunt for 2025.  I am looking for recommendations that can house about 8 hunters at once.  Accommodations must be nice with good meals provided.

I'm interested in a lodge, not a show up and hunt with minimal land. Any recommendations from actual experience would be appreciated.  Feel free to reply or PM.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

hipp2412

Osceola Dreams... They did a great job getting me on a bird last year.
Hipp

PharmHunter

I'd reach out to Mike Tussey at Osceola Outdoors.

Upfold99

Thanks for the replies. All are appreciated.

LBASSASSIN

Swamp Gobbler Outfitters they work hard to get you a bird and are fun to hunt with.

OsceolaDreams

Quote from: hipp2412 on February 09, 2024, 11:31:26 AM
Osceola Dreams... They did a great job getting me on a bird last year.

Thank Ya Bud!!!!! We enjoyed having you.

I don't offer any lodging but you're welcome to give me a call and I will do my best to take care of you

Blake Crawford 3525049116

slicksbeagles1

All I can say make sure you get concrete information on the hunt and rock solid pricing.

Upfold99

Does swamp gobbler offer lodging and meals?

GobbleNut

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on February 09, 2024, 08:48:37 PM
All I can say make sure you get concrete information on the hunt and rock solid pricing.

Amen to that!  Of course, that applies anywhere, not just for Osceola's in Florida...   :icon_thumright:

Also, the more north you go towards that "imaginary line" that the NWTF decided to draw, the more likely you are to just be hunting Easterns (or hybrids). ...Of course, you can call them what you want...   ;D

LBASSASSIN

Yes swamp gobbler outfitters had lodging and meals

bchilde

I booked a hunt with southern outdoors in south Florida. He stays booked 1.5 seasons out so you got to be quick . I done a lot of research and figured this was the best since he has access to so many acres .

Old Gobbler

The Ranch owners of DC cattle decided to take a break from the guiding ,it's was fun and the people you meet were simply the best , I enjoyed the whole experience

With that said ..I made the prediction 15 years ago that GENUINE guided Osceola hunts will reach astronomical levels in the future,  and if your going to do  it do it NOW ..the bottom is falling out of the industry (supply of hunts ) and I predict the quality outfits will be able to get 4000 and up very very soon , if not already,  take into mind that the dollar isn't what it used to be , and the prices will go higher

I'm not going to go into a long post about be wary about fly by night operations , ask for references and avoid anything to do with high water mark /airboat rides ....and guides on public land ..permits ...run away from that
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

joey46

FYI - if you're looking for a pay to play Osceola hunt you are probably about a year late.  The south zone opens March 2nd.  Maybe 2025 is still doable.  BTW - I gave up trying to get actual WMA turkey harvest numbers the FWC received from their mandatory reporting system that was implemented in 2023.  This was even after a specific FOIA request for WMAs that do not have check stations or drop boxes ( there are 139 WMAs and the majority don't have either).  I did receive a massive bunch of gobbley-gook that listed all the people that applied but they knew better when they sent it that this wasn't my intent.  Others on another forum made the same request and got only deer numbers. The turkey file was actually too big for my home computer to load.  The Osceola game is a hoot.  They obviously have county by county turkey harvest numbers also but good luck getting these either.  After using 6 preference points to draw a decent WMA quota I left well enough alone.   

Upfold99

Thanks for the comments.  Orginal post stated looking for 2025.

Any experience with quality outfitters with lodging is appreciated.

joey46

I'm curious if you can get a firm 2025 price locked in?  I often log onto Jim Shockey's Book Your Hunt web site.  Only two Osceola hunts currently listed.  One is $3950 and one is $2000.  I can find little info on the cheaper one.  Neither outfit brings up references unless I'm missing something.  There are elk hunts in the $4000 range.  Crazy times.