OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Osceola outfitter recommendations

Started by Upfold99, February 09, 2024, 12:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upfold99

Lightsey family ranch has accommodations that will fit my groups need. Anyone heard of them or hunted with them?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to respond via public. I have not heard of them, I just found them on a Google search.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

bchilde

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 10, 2024, 06:45:55 PM
The Ranch owners of DC cattle decided to take a break from the guiding ,it's was fun and the people you meet were simply the best , I enjoyed the whole experience

With that said ..I made the prediction 15 years ago that GENUINE guided Osceola hunts will reach astronomical levels in the future,  and if your going to do  it do it NOW ..the bottom is falling out of the industry (supply of hunts ) and I predict the quality outfits will be able to get 4000 and up very very soon , if not already,  take into mind that the dollar isn't what it used to be , and the prices will go higher

I'm not going to go into a long post about be wary about fly by night operations , ask for references and avoid anything to do with high water mark /airboat rides ....and guides on public land ..permits ...run away from that

Funny you say this because the outfitter we booked has already raised his prices to 300.00 for 2026 .

Upfold99

Who did you book with?

OsceolaDreams

The Lightseys are a very well known family and have a solid reputation, The family ranch is High fenced just fyi. I know alot of folks are against that, Gods Country is another great option aswell if lodging is a must.

Upfold99

Quote from: OsceolaDreams on February 12, 2024, 07:37:19 AM
The Lightseys are a very well known family and have a solid reputation, The family ranch is High fenced just fyi. I know alot of folks are against that, Gods Country is another great option aswell if lodging is a must.
Thank you sir! Very kind to recommend another outfit.  Unfortunately, lodging is a must for this bunch.  There all not devoted as most of us.

OsceolaDreams

thats the way it should be my friend! I understand completely

bchilde

Quote from: Upfold99 on February 12, 2024, 07:27:52 AM
Who did you book with?

Southern outdoors outfitters south Florida. I'm paying 3200.00.
I know you're looking for 2025 hunts and I know he is already booked up until 2026.

bchilde

I had buddies book with whitetail heaven in Florida and they said they would never use them again or recommend them so keep away from them .

Upfold99

Thanks everyone!

cracker4112

I'll throw out another name, Silver Lake Preserve.  It's near fisheating creek on some of the prettiest natural old Florida left. It's Lykes Bros, and I'm sure it's pricey, but I hunt in the area and the turkey population is as good as anywhere in the state. Pretty sure they have a lodge.

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 10, 2024, 06:45:55 PM
The Ranch owners of DC cattle decided to take a break from the guiding ,it's was fun and the people you meet were simply the best , I enjoyed the whole experience

With that said ..I made the prediction 15 years ago that GENUINE guided Osceola hunts will reach astronomical levels in the future,  and if your going to do  it do it NOW ..the bottom is falling out of the industry (supply of hunts ) and I predict the quality outfits will be able to get 4000 and up very very soon , if not already,  take into mind that the dollar isn't what it used to be , and the prices will go higher

I'm not going to go into a long post about be wary about fly by night operations , ask for references and avoid anything to do with high water mark /airboat rides ....and guides on public land ..permits ...run away from that
Glad i hunted DC cattle ranch when i did back in 2013. It was a great experience!! Shannon it was great meeting you and spending time with the ranch owner and his son. It was an exceptional hunt and unique experience spending time with the people that actually own the land. I learned a lot and have a great appreciation for them.