News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gettin old......

Started by Tarheel, July 15, 2023, 10:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

Sucks!!!!

Several years ago I purchased some mud-cured osage burl, and I set it aside in a special place to reserve for "special" turkey calls. For 2 months I've been looking for that special place.  The special place was either in my wood loft or my workshop.  Those were the only 2 options, so I wasn't all that concerned at first.......but, I have looked through every thing and every where I could think I would have put those blocks of osage.  I have looked in some places 2-3 times....in one day.  I have spent several afternoons in 110+ degree heat in my wood loft sitting on my 5 gallon bucket trying to visualize where I would have put that osage.  I knew without a doubt the osage was exactly where I put it.....but I was clueless where that special place could be.  Well, this evening I found the special place....and I found the blocks of mud-cured osage burl. But I also have scared myself to the point of panicked concern...this has been unnerving, and I know I need to just relax.....and just laugh......but it's not funny!!!!   

Lcmacd 58

+1 ..... it SUCKS!!!
2 months ago I was trying to get my tiller started. After an hour I got it going .... the next day I couldn't move my right shoulder....3 days after that I felt my thumb and pointer finger tingling ..... yes I pinched a nerve in my neck....after 6 weeks of therapy I an much better. All this from starting a tiller. Getting old ain't for sissies!!!!!

silvestris

It gets worse with time, and I hope to suffer with it for a long time.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Yoder409

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on July 15, 2023, 10:39:53 PM
Getting old ain't for sissies!!!!!

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Dang it, LeRoy, ya beat me to it !!!

Just remember, Marvin............ Getting old sucks.  But it beats the only other alternative.............    ;)
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tarheel

Quote from: Yoder409 on July 16, 2023, 08:10:51 AM

Just remember, Marvin............ Getting old sucks.  But it beats the only other alternative.............    ;)

:popcorn:  Unfortunately, my memory is beginning to be a problem.....I can't remember things I should be able to remember, which means I will have to do something to try to compensate......but what? 

caneman

Greg Massey

I was always told to wait until you get older, WELL i'm older now and i do understand ... Some mornings it's just exciting to get out of bed .....Tarheel i definitely feel your pain about forgetting stuff, what's bad also is heading to the garage / shed  and forgetting what i was going to get or use ...  :TooFunny: We just have to laugh it off and keep on going ....

Lcmacd 58

I always said that if I knew I was gonna live past 25 years old,  I sure would have taken better care of this old body .... lol

tal

I'm not as think as you old I am. Old timer's and Alzheimer's.

3bailey3

Marvin tell us where you found the wood so we can help you next time..

Tarheel

Quote from: 3bailey3 on July 16, 2023, 06:51:54 PM
Marvin tell us where you found the wood so we can help you next time..

Nope!!!! I'm embarrassed enough already.....I've exhausted my ability to withstand the continued humiliation of knowing someone else knows. I've already made the mistake of telling my wife where I finally found it.....and she's still laughing.  I ain't telling another soul.....and it still ain't funny!!!!

3bailey3

LOL! it's not when you forget where the car keys are, it's when you forget what they are for!!

GobbleGitr

The struggle is real! I've lost things so many times lately I question whether I ever had a memory!

Tarheel

Unfortunately, I'm at the point where I know I have an item. I remember purchasing it so I would have it when I needed it. Now I need it, but I don't have a clue where I put the item. So do I keep wasting time looking for it to the point of complete frustration,  or admit defeat and go purchase another one? And listen to my significant other remind me the item is in my work shop somewhere if I will just look for it........

Yoder409

Quote from: Tarheel on July 16, 2023, 09:55:25 PM
Unfortunately, I'm at the point where I know I have an item. I remember purchasing it so I would have it when I needed it. Now I need it, but I don't have a clue where I put the item. So do I keep wasting time looking for it to the point of complete frustration,  or admit defeat and go purchase another one? And listen to my significant other remind me the item is in my work shop somewhere if I will just look for it........

Brother........ I am RIGHT there with you !!!   And you know for a fact I'm a bit behind you on the curve of chronology.

Maybe you THINK it's just you.   Maybe it ain't as bad as you think.  The boat you're in is pretty crowded.   ;D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.