OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Apex Ammo Sale

Started by Sir-diealot, May 25, 2023, 05:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwild835

Quote from: runngun on May 26, 2023, 11:49:48 AM
They make good stuff for sure.
BUT I am so glad that I started loading up my own. It's not very complicated and I enjoy it. Not at the mercy of a sporting goods store any more. I have everything to load 12, 16, 20, 28 and 410, I have enough components for my family/friends and my grandchildren. Most expense is the shot. If you are on the fence, go ahead and cross it you will not regret it.  TSS is so much fun, trying different things to get your pattern to do what you want.  FUN

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bocephus

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
This^^^ Glad I jumped into loading TSS 10 years ago because if these reasons.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: kwild835 on May 28, 2023, 01:22:14 PM
Quote from: runngun on May 26, 2023, 11:49:48 AM
They make good stuff for sure.
BUT I am so glad that I started loading up my own. It's not very complicated and I enjoy it. Not at the mercy of a sporting goods store any more. I have everything to load 12, 16, 20, 28 and 410, I have enough components for my family/friends and my grandchildren. Most expense is the shot. If you are on the fence, go ahead and cross it you will not regret it.  TSS is so much fun, trying different things to get your pattern to do what you want.  FUN

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bocephus

This^^^ Glad I jumped into loading TSS 10 years ago because if these reasons.
Simply is not economical for all, it can be cheaper for people to just buy it unless they use it a lot. I have never used it, I would like to get 5 boxes just to try it but just don't have the finances right now. Oh others may not be comfortable with reloading.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

runngun

It's really not that expensive once you get the few things that you need. For around $200.00 you can be well on your way.  I retired 2 years ago so it gives me something to do turkey/hunting related when it is 105 in the shade in Louisiana.
But you are right about one thing, Anyone can reload, but not everyone should!!!
All in what you like, and what you choose to spend extra money on.

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: runngun on May 28, 2023, 05:02:52 PM
It's really not that expensive once you get the few things that you need. For around $200.00 you can be well on your way.  I retired 2 years ago so it gives me something to do turkey/hunting related when it is 105 in the shade in Louisiana.
But you are right about one thing, Anyone can reload, but not everyone should!!!
All in what you like, and what you choose to spend extra money on.

I was learning to reload for .243 30.06 .222 and others and was loading shotshels with a Lee Loadall 2 before my car accident, it was I think much harder to load for the rifles than the shotgun. I can only shoot 2 turkey a year and sometimes choose not to shoot depending on my pain levels so I am not sure investing in the equipment would be worth it for me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

runngun

That's another reason I like to reload. Numerous low back surgeries and 2 major C-Spine surgeries.  It's something that I am able to do and not cripple myself any further. Spinal issues ain't no fun, but you have to press on. Plates, screws and rods don't belong in the human body. Roll on!!!!

ruination

You have to shoot a lot of TSS to break even hand loading or even make it worth your while.

15 Apex shells -$150

2lbs of TSS - $90 w/ shipping
Wads - $10
Wrap - $10
Primed Hulls - $20
Card - $10
Roll crimper - $40
Powder - $40
Buffer - $10

Now all of that loads more than 15 shells...but hell, most guys aren't shooting that much.

15 shells could easily be 5-10 years old shells for me.

That's really not going to apply to most people.

I tried to organize a group to make it worth it, but it turned.into too much of a pain.
.410 Favors the Bold

runngun

I do shoot a lot of TSS, I also built a shot trap so I reclaim my shot. Then reload again. I like to test different loads and I like shooting. 15 shells would not last long for me.  I also feel a sense of accomplishment when I get a turkey with a shell that I loaded.  Including but not limited to coyotes, bobcats, hogs and coons.

Have a good one, Bocephus

Greg Massey

If i was a younger person i could see the benefit of loading TSS.... but at my age, i will just buy what little TSS loads i need from Apex or someone else in the business.

runngun

I totally understand that, Greg, and I don't blame you for that.  There's some absolutely mind-blowing patterns coming from "Factory Loads."  One of the best patterns from a 12 gauge I have ever seen was an APEX 2 ounce load of 9s and I believe it was 2 3/4. I could not/would not count it. Just devastating.

deathfoot

The sale has been extended until 11:59 tomorrow. I assume that's 11:59 pm? Anyway. Hard to pass up these prices if you shoot apex.

Scottf270

Got 5 boxes of 20 gauge Ninja headed my way. Superb deal!!