OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No More Lead

Started by Sir-diealot, April 28, 2023, 05:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

"The New York State Assembly today passed legislation that bans lead ammo from being used on state lands and all lands in the New York City watershed. Talk about a big blow to frontstuffers! This is most of the Adirondack and Catskill parks! It hurts just talking about it!"

No mention on starting date here, I shared what I saw.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Lol. Been that way down here for years. Environmentalist have been crying about lead containmenating the water. But turn their heads not to see all the plants dumping crap into the Mississippi River. Just more politics.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

sasquatch1

When I was a kid we ran around the woods with our pellet guns carrying pellets in our cheek for quick deployment

Lead poisoning must take alot to get or more than 30 yrs to set in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: sasquatch1 on April 28, 2023, 06:15:04 PM
When I was a kid we ran around the woods with our pellet guns carting pellets in our cheek for auxin deployment

Lead poisoning must take alot to get or more than 30 yrs to set it

Facts right here.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 28, 2023, 06:01:57 PM
Lol. Been that way down here for years. Environmentalist have been crying about lead containmenating the water. But turn their heads not to see all the plants dumping crap into the Mississippi River. Just more politics.

Not sure what will happen if they force it on all land, am I just supposed to throw out all my lead shot? I don't much think so! Environmentalist are whack jobs for the most part from what I have seen.

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 28, 2023, 06:31:22 PM
Quote from: sasquatch1 on April 28, 2023, 06:15:04 PM
When I was a kid we ran around the woods with our pellet guns carting pellets in our cheek for auxin deployment

Lead poisoning must take alot to get or more than 30 yrs to set it

Facts right here.

I ate paint most of my youth and I turned out relatively abby normal.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

ManfromGreenSwamp

Gov dumped DDT in ocean and buries UXOs in forests, but you must obey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

worth612000

Been that way in Ga for awhile. I don't shoot that many high dollar shells but use lead in general patterns and follow up with my turkey shells in the end. POI is the same and saves some money

Spitten and drummen

What's crazy is the higher that be's come up with this crap. I personally think they sit up in DC and come up with crap because they are board and pretending to the populace that they serve a purpose. More of the "Do as I say , not as I do " mentality.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ManfromGreenSwamp on April 28, 2023, 07:19:41 PM
Gov dumped DDT in ocean and buries UXOs in forests, but you must obey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course you must. They really need to be removed from office.

Quote from: worth612000 on April 28, 2023, 07:25:59 PM
Been that way in Ga for awhile. I don't shoot that many high dollar shells but use lead in general patterns and follow up with my turkey shells in the end. POI is the same and saves some money
I don't think they should have the right to do it myself. I think I have 2 boxes of Heavi-Shot but everything else other than some steel duck shot is lead.

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 28, 2023, 07:38:18 PM
What's crazy is the higher that be's come up with this crap. I personally think they sit up in DC and come up with crap because they are board and pretending to the populace that they serve a purpose. More of the "Do as I say , not as I do " mentality.

Could not agree more. I am a firm believer in term limits, that is why so many of the so called Republicans turned on Trump in the end, he made the mistake of saying he wanted term limits before he was reelected.

John Koenig:

Spurs

See there, even those Yankees in NY know that TSS is a superior load and they don't want that crappy lead making it's way onto public property  :TooFunny:

Just kidding!  But seriously, it is one of those dumb laws for some liberal to jump on their soap box and say "Look at me, I CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT!!!"
This year is going to suck!!!

Gooserbat

Guess all the tss haters are going to have to quit turkey hunting and thus reduce the pressure so there's room for the tss loving nonresidents.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

I heard they are going to ban mouth calls Next....

Marc

Non-toxic shot began in waterfowl due to high concentrations of hunting in some areas creating a situation where birds were eating lead and dying of lead poisoning in large numbers...

Honestly, there was good reason to stop the use of lead "in some areas."

But lead does not leach into soil or water, and has to be ingested...

Anti-hunters have successfully created marketing advocating against the use of lead as a poison to create new restrictions which have made it far more difficult and expensive to hunters...  Claims that animals (such as condors) will eat lead contaminated gut piles of deer and die from lead poisoning...

Been completely non-tox in California for a while...  Not allowed to purchase ammo online, and need a background check to purchase ammo here.

I have gotten used to hunting waterfowl with steel, but despise doing so for dove, quail, pheasants, etc...  Premium shot is vastly too expensive to use on high volume shooting such as dove or quail...   Copper bullets are quite expensive (especially for small game and high volume).

Premium shot for turkeys is a no-brainer though...  Even at $10 per shot, it is well worth it to shoot something vastly more effective than steel, and even lead for 2-4 shells fired per season.

I have also found it more difficult to get my kids into the hunting game with non-toxic.  More difficult to hit and kill dove/quail, with ammunition that does not work as well, is more expensive, and recoils considerably more than cheap lead target loads.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

strum

Quote from: worth612000 on April 28, 2023, 07:25:59 PM

I haven't found any regs on lead for turkey in Ga. Says #2 or smaller 10ga or smaller thats it.

Wigsplitter

Guess all the tss haters are going to have to quit turkey hunting and thus reduce the pressure so there's room for the tss loving nonresidents.

This is golden!!! :z-winnersmiley: