turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New project

Started by btodd00, April 13, 2023, 08:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btodd00

This was my dads first "turkey gun" in the late 70's. We have talked about doing various things with it over the years, he was even going to put a lamp shade and bulb in it one time to put in one of our camps. I was at his house last night and decided I would like to restore it since he actually hunted with it for quite a few years until he had money to get something better. I have shot it several times over years so I know it functions although I can tell it may need a couple new parts.About 10 years ago I took it to a buddies house who was having a clay shoot and brought it out just for a laugh. Ended up shooting it quite a few times

Not sure on the year of it until I get the old camo tape off of it but it is a marlin goose gun. A "mentor" of my dads talked him into getting it because one it was cheap and also because he used a long barreled shotgun himself. I will probably try to re blue and refinish stock as well as replace anything that needs replaced to make it look as close to original as possible. If anyone has any stories about these guns or has ever used one as turkey gun I would love to hear them

btodd00

btodd00

SumToy

good gun.   Not much to go wrong with them.   We had around 20 when we did all the Outlaw Turkey Shoot builds.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

btodd00

Finished product, looking for the right sling for it now. It took me alot longer than expected but there was a pretty piece of wood hiding under all that tape.

btodd00

btodd00

Tom007

Looks fantastic. Good luck with it, hope you bag a big Tom or 2 with it.....
"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

Looks nice but I am clueless as to what it is?

btodd00

Quote from: 3bailey3 on December 26, 2023, 09:18:41 PM
Looks nice but I am clueless as to what it is?

Marlin Model 55 "goose gun" in 12ga