turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Non-slip sling options

Started by 357MAGNOLE, April 09, 2023, 11:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

I'm getting tired of my thin strap cheapo sling sliding off my shoulder. What are yall using that locks in pretty well and is comfortable in the field?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

skimerhorn

The claw sling. I believe it's made by quaker boy?

WV Ridge Reaper

Slogan outdoors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vintage

The claw. I have more than one. Great sling and no slip.

beagler

Never Misses

cannonball

Quake claw here as well, I like the contour model. You can find them for around $20 and they work great.

Greg Massey

HuntKY

runngun

I have a "claw" and one the other brands, I can't remember, maybe Limbbsaver? My favorite one is called "The Ultimate Gun Sling " made in the USA, the owner is a really nice guy. Saw them on TV a long time ago.  Made of Sorbothane?  Your gun or bow will not slip off with one of them. 

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

DMTJAGER

I have a good sized box full of rifle slings that just wouldn't stay on my shoulder no matter what.
Here is one I bought when I first saw it for sale at a booth at the IL Deer and turkey Classic some 20-23 years ago.
I liked it so much it is now all I use and I have since purchased 5 of them so my sons and I can always have one as needed.
Best made most, essentially indestructible, most versatile rifle sling I have ever seen or tried and it d**n well stays on your shoulder.
Give it a look.
https://www.ultimategunsling.com/store/-p131321109

Teamblue

I like and use a vero vellini sling.  Its a quality made product

Tom007

Quote from: Teamblue on April 10, 2023, 05:37:32 AM
I like and use a vero vellini sling.  Its a quality made product

X10, this is the most comfortable, well made, non slip sling out there. I have several, from slip on, to Wide and Standard with swivel slings. Been using them for many years, they all look brand new. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"

wyetterp

I love the blue force gear shotgun sling. Having the ability
to easily tighten & loosen is a must for me. Makes navigating
through the woods a lot better then a regular sling type. Once
you start using one with a slide adjustmentyoi can't go back
to the non on the fly adjustable.

Even when I'm deer hunting I keep the firearm slung on my
back when climbing a tree or saddle hunting. I primarily onestick
with a saddle & it holds where ever I need it without flopping
around.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Glades

Claw for me. Tried both models and I like the slim model better.

g8rvet

Limbsaver Kodiak Air is my favorite.  But I have my slings long enough that I can slip over my head and wear them across my back.  It takes maybe a second longer to unsling, but never slips and keeps it out of my way when moving through the thick N Florida swamps.  Even a cheap sling works well used this way and I have a few of them on some of my guns.  If I am that worried about getting it off my shoulder quickly, I carry it in hand anyway (very rarely happens). 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.