OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Non-slip sling options

Started by 357MAGNOLE, April 09, 2023, 11:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: g8rvet on April 11, 2023, 01:03:12 PM
Limbsaver Kodiak Air is my favorite.  But I have my slings long enough that I can slip over my head and wear them across my back.  It takes maybe a second longer to unsling, but never slips and keeps it out of my way when moving through the thick N Florida swamps.  Even a cheap sling works well used this way and I have a few of them on some of my guns.  If I am that worried about getting it off my shoulder quickly, I carry it in hand anyway (very rarely happens).
Sounds like your in my neck of the woods.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

g8rvet

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on April 11, 2023, 01:43:19 PM
Limbsaver Kodiak Air is my favorite.  But I have my slings long enough that I can slip over my head and wear them across my back.  It takes maybe a second longer to unsling, but never slips and keeps it out of my way when moving through the thick N Florida swamps.  Even a cheap sling works well used this way and I have a few of them on some of my guns.  If I am that worried about getting it off my shoulder quickly, I carry it in hand anyway (very rarely happens).

Based on your name (and even though I am a g8r) I sure am.  Moved up here 34 years ago.   
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: g8rvet on April 11, 2023, 01:45:21 PM
Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on April 11, 2023, 01:43:19 PM

Based on your name (and even though I am a g8r) I sure am.  Moved up here 34 years ago.   
Disgusting..... Haha. I'm in Jax
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Ranman

Lcmacd 58

Tom007

These Vero-Vellini slings will not slip, and they will stretch lightly as you move with your gun on your shoulder. This cushions your shoulder from the weight of your gun. I have tried them all, these are the most comfortable for sure. Slip on on left, swivel mount on right. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"