OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cz Bobwhite 28 ga

Started by bswearing, March 29, 2023, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bswearing

Can anyone recommend a fiber optic rear and front sight for the 28ga Bobwhite.  I assume the Hiviz comp sight for the front but what about the rear?  I don't have the gun yet but I know several are using them with good success.

g8rvet

The only option I have found is the Tru Glo clamp on style.  Can't figure how to get it to clamp to the front, so I am going to try a screw in style sight there maybe.  I put one on that my SIL had but it came off.  It was older and I am gonna buy one to try it. 

This one:

https://www.truglo.com/tru-point-xtreme/
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

bswearing

Ok, thank you! As long as it works for the rear I should be able to find a screw mounted front sight.

shatcher

I sent my barrels to Skinner Sights.  They put a peep on the rear and an express type with a brass bead on the front.  Works awesome for turkey hunting or taking still shots.  Not ideal for wing shooting, but I don't use it for that anyway.

g8rvet

If I liked the peep sight, that is how I would have gone as well.  I just like the rifle style sights better.  Even though I have a peep sight gun and have never missed a bird with it. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

shatcher

The aperture on the peep lets plenty of daylight through.  Otherwise, I couldn't have used it.  I like rifle sights too.

DocHolliday

Best idea yet! Throw the appeture out. Use the ring- works fine with shotgun.

shatcher

Follow Doc's advice.  He set me on the right path to putting together a killer little shotgun.

g8rvet

Throw the apperture out and use the ring?   You lost me.  What is the difference?

g8rvet

peep<apperture<ring.  Is that right?  Mine is a ring sight if that is true. 

shatcher

Clarification.  Mine is a peep with a larger aperture, not the ring only.

DocHolliday

Quote from: g8rvet on April 05, 2023, 08:56:34 PM
Throw the apperture out and use the ring?   You lost me.  What is the difference?

The sight consists of a base, a ring and an appeture threaded into the ring. The appetures come with different size openings. The smaller the hole the more precise (generally). You can shoot it without the apperture which lets in more light, has a larger field of view and is plenty precise for shotgun work.

Sorry for the confusion.

Fillmoregandt

Quote from: shatcher on April 03, 2023, 06:31:20 PM
I sent my barrels to Skinner Sights.  They put a peep on the rear and an express type with a brass bead on the front.  Works awesome for turkey hunting or taking still shots.  Not ideal for wing shooting, but I don't use it for that anyway.

Bump

How much was it to send your barrel to Skinner and for the sights, if you don't mind me asking?

shatcher

$75.  Sorry for the delay.

Guskie

Doc or shatcher,

Could you post a pic of your front sight?